Amp Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
This is a must. No if ands or buts about it. Select any DSP you want from here, but I would recommend one with a digital input.
I agree 100% A flat signal is a must

hunterco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s what the fix 82/86 does though. And you get the DSP functionality. Just running the calibration makes the signal acoustically flat. If you use an amp like OP’s then it mounts beautifully in the small middle part. I really like it. I have a JL HD 900/5 on focal flax 3ways and a focal 10. I’m really happy with how it sounds

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the odds of you measuring that out and drawing it up in google or anywhere?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The DSR1 is a good choice, Search on here, one member had to add resistors to the inputs for it to work properly.

Read through this
http://www.ramforum.com/threads/rockfored-fosgate-dsr1.111267/

That’s where the PAC unit comes in. We had to mess with adding the right resistors to each channel after months of fighting with the factory Alpine’s finickyness (is that a word?). With the PAC you get easy to use RCA outs then can use whatever DSP you like.

CDobby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s where the PAC unit comes in. We had to mess with adding the right resistors to each channel after months of fighting with the factory Alpine’s finickyness (is that a word?). With the PAC you get easy to use RCA outs then can use whatever DSP you like.

TomT Im getting ready to Upgrade my truck I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab, With Focals ISU690 in the Front and Focal Coaxial in the back. With 2 JL audio 10W3v3 - 2 ohms bridge to 1 ohm. On the Subs im going to use the Fosgate P500 mono block.

Im think about using the P600 4 channel for the front an rears..

Im curious, Would you use the Ampro AP4-CH41 and a DSP (Rockford DSR1) together? If so would I need a Pac CH01 as well?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TomT Im getting ready to Upgrade my truck I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab, With Focals ISU690 in the Front and Focal Coaxial in the back. With 2 JL audio 10W3v3 - 2 ohms bridge to 1 ohm. On the Subs im going to use the Fosgate P500 mono block.

Im think about using the P600 4 channel for the front an rears..

Im curious, Would you use the Ampro AP4-CH41 and a DSP (Rockford DSR1) together? If so would I need a Pac CH01 as well?

I’m assuming you have the factory Alpine? The DSR-1 has its own direct input from the Alpine. You won’t need the PAC unit in that case. However, if you wanted to use a higher end DSP (Helix, Mosconi, Brax, etc.) then you would want to use the PAC most likely with the Toslink option to feed it.

I’m personally not a fan of running subs as a 1 ohm load. To me it would just put too much strain on the amp and may cause it to run much warmer than normal. I have zero history with that Fosgate model so I could be completely wrong.

CDobby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m assuming you have the factory Alpine? The DSR-1 has its own direct input from the Alpine. You won’t need the PAC unit in that case. However, if you wanted to use a higher end DSP (Helix, Mosconi, Brax, etc.) then you would want to use the PAC most likely with the Toslink option to feed it.

I’m personally not a fan of running subs as a 1 ohm load. To me it would just put too much strain on the amp and may cause it to run much warmer than normal. I have zero history with that Fosgate model so I could be completely wrong.

Thanks Tom, I appreciate your input. I think I read that the Fosgate DSR-1 Direct input by passes the Alpine amp and makes it buggy.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The DSR-1 is specifically designed to work directly with the Alpine system. In the beginning there were MAJOR bugs in the software. I haven’t heard any ******** lately about it so I think they’ve fixed the big issues.

I’ve never used one but there are definitely people happy with theirs and there are also people that wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole based on the initial bugs from a year ago.

I, personally, would probably not use one but then again I’m way more of a car audio geek than most people here. I’m also known to spend way too much on my stereo.

Maniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What are the odds of you measuring that out and drawing it up in google or anywhere?
I know this is super old but I wish he had put it out there. Need to make my own now and I hate measuring 900 times to get it right lol

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is super old but I wish he had put it out there. Need to make my own now and I hate measuring 900 times to get it right lol
Pull out the back seat and lay it out using masking tape. Then measure it twice and start cutting.