Android Auto Options for 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glowbalgroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry Spent an hour plus in the search i am sure this has been asked a billion times. My searches though are not getting results.
Have a 2017 Ram with the 8.4 screen but no android auto what are my options.

I have heard of ZZ2, replacing with a UC5 what are my options and links to purchase. thank you

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here is your best option...

Buhshaun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I just added Android Auto/Apple Carplay to my Uconnect 2017 and started a thread.

Attachments

• 1500Uconnect.png
    1500Uconnect.png
    861.5 KB · Views: 4

Bron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just recently went down this rabbit hole too with my 2017 Ram, i narrowed it down to 2 options.

1st option - Crutchfield Pac system + aftermarket head unit.

2nd option - 2018 Ram UAS/UAQ head unit (i just saw a thread on someone getting a newer one install that is in multiple pieces, screen and unit are separate)

I would have gone with the 1st option as the 2nd option gets expensive very fast. I however was able to go with the 2nd option because i found a wrecked 2018 with the headunit i needed. I personally would go with the 2nd option if you can simply because it uses all factory items minus an adapter harness you can get on ebay or by supporting a local guy on these forums @Mpgrimm2.