Annoyed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivercutie

Reaction score
Ram Year
So I’ve had this squeak/grinding noise coming from the front. Some days it does it some days it doesn’t . It’s worse when I turn the wheels right versus to the left. The grinding is worse when coming to a stop. It’s very loud and annoying. I’ve taken it to several shops and they say it’s not my brakes but can’t figure out what could be causing it. Any ideas?

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With so little info to go on, there's a few things it could be: It could be that your ball joints or the hub bearings are going bad. Jack the front of the truck up, make sure it's properly supported, and spin the each of the front wheels. Do you hear anything or feel any "grittyness" to either of them? If so, then it's your hub. If not then have someone else turn the steering wheel for you while you listen and look at each ball joint. If the rubber on them looks compromised, you'll need to replace them. If they have grease leaking out - again, recommend you replace them. Check the front sway bar and the ends of the rods on it. Give it a few good tugs (make sure you stay out from under the truck and that the truck is 100% properly supported so it won't fall off the jacks - I always jack mine up, put two jack-stands under, lower it onto the jack stands, and then, for extra safety, move the jack to center line and put just enough pressure on the frame to give extra support. - oh, and also chock a rear tire in front and behind it.)

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
So I’ve had this squeak/grinding noise coming from the front. Some days it does it some days it doesn’t . It’s worse when I turn the wheels right versus to the left. The grinding is worse when coming to a stop. It’s very loud and annoying. I’ve taken it to several shops and they say it’s not my brakes but can’t figure out what could be causing it. Any ideas?
Sounds similar to a problems we had on my wife's 2017 Journey, after the 4th time in the shop under warranty an a different different mechanic it got fixed, btw one time they even changed out the front struts :rolleyes: as they thought that was the cause. IIRC it had something to do with the front brake pad backing plate was lose not sure how but was told dirt & grit caused the noise :eek: anyway once he finished it never made another noise...