Another Kicker Hideaway question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbo1man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lonestar
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Searched, read, re-read, clarity still required :roflsquared:

Re-using a kicker hideaway from previous rig, going to use speaker level inputs. Question is, where is best location to grab signal from if planning to install under driver's seat in a '14 CC? Don't want to lose any storage space, and have a minimally invasive install. I'm good with pulling the HU out and tapping in back there, but would prefer to touch as few fasteners as possible.

Any guidance is appreciated, thank you in advance!

~ Jim

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We typically pull the head unit and tag the front left and front right speakers. Usually its the quickest way rather than hunting down wires in the kick.

The easiest way would to be to grab the speaker line going into the B pillar on the side your mounting it. I don't like grabbing only one speaker, or rear speakers though.

OP
OP
J

jimbo1man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lonestar
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We typically pull the head unit and tag the front left and front right speakers. Usually its the quickest way rather than hunting down wires in the kick.

The easiest way would to be to grab the speaker line going into the B pillar on the side your mounting it. I don't like grabbing only one speaker, or rear speakers though.

Fair enough, thought I might end up there and should not be an issue. Thanks!!