another sub question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
viper v-10
whats up guys.....question...right now i have a pretty nice audio setup...but i want a lil more bass...i got a cheap ebay dual 10" box (it was given to me) with a pair of kicker comp and a kenwood eXcelon XR-1S amp pushing them ...it sounds great at low volumes but when im on the highway and crank it up they sound like ass...i was thinking of going with the single 12" fox box with a jl 12w6...would this sound good or should i got with the dual 10" fox box with 2 jl10w6...

for my front i am using a cdt 6x9 component set and 5 1/4 cdt mid bass for the rears with a kenwood eXcelon XR-4s for them...they sound great at any level....

Last edited:

Ram_bo06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What all watts are you pushing through the subs? I have that same box off ebay. It's loaded up with 500w RMS rockfords w/ a 1000 watt audiobahn amp pushin em. It sounds great at all levels. I also have a very heavy guage monster wire kit that was like $100 alone...but in my mind it was worth every penny. Wiring plays a pretty important part of the sound quality. I've been quite happy with the ebay box. I'm not sure what opinions others may have with this box but in my experience I would say that if loaded up with high sound quality subs w/ a good amp it sounds great. I'm sure someone else here will be able to offer up some more different helpful info for ya.
100_0178.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
^^^
what he said....if your subs are underpowered or even overpowered they will distort at high levels. Are you looking for loud boomy bass or clean tight bass?

OP
OP
S

srt2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
viper v-10
i want clean tight bass....i think my amp is over powering my subs....when i put it loud i can smell them burning...my amp is rated 600 @ 4 ohms and 700 @2 ohms....i got 2 gauge power wire with 1.5 cap...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Try turning the gain down on your amp..then see if it sounds any better at louder volumes