Another Tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoakieman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '09 2500 cummins, crew cab, 4wd, came with LT285/60R20 tires. My wife is very short legged, I have a set of 18" rims. Will this lower the truck enough for her to get in, what size tire should I get to get it lower and what will this do to the ride. I'm not tire savy, but the cummins is very heavy and I know I'll need tires to handle the weight. I have to use a two step stool for her to get into the truck. I really appreciate any help with this.
Hoakieman
4th Gen, '09 crewcab, 4wd, automatic, stock

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
The rim size won't lower the truck. The factory tire size is 33" regardless of rim size. Suggest a set of side steps, bar or running board.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't know if you can get them for your '09, but powered side steps work best for shorter people. They drop down lower and sit out farther than any fixed steps. And they stow away and don't stick out when you're driving like fixed steps do.