Any AC guru's in here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram08-2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I've got an 04 ram 2500 with the 5.7. My evap coil is freezing up. Looking at the service manual it says to check the evap temp sensor. Looking at the schematic the picture shows the sensor but all I have is a connection to be the probe where it goes into the box. It says the sensor is external and can be serviced with out disturbing the refrigerant in the system. Can anyone help me out with the actual location of the sensor? I attached the pic from the service manual but I don't have the sensor only a plug that is attached to the probe. Thanks

EvapSensor.jpg

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Low refrig can cause freeze up.

OP
OP

04Ram08-2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think it's low refrigerant. AC system was replaced last year. System gets good and cold. I run the ac for 30 min then turn it on to vent for about 5-10 then switch back.

MayerMR

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 & 2014
Engine
3.7 & 3.0 EcoDiesel
I don't think it's low refrigerant. AC system was replaced last year. System gets good and cold. I run the ac for 30 min then turn it on to vent for about 5-10 then switch back.

Don't rule out that it's low without checking. I completely replaced my entire A/C system in my '87 Jeep Wagoneer XJ and less than a year later I was getting the same issue. Defect in the refrigerant line crimp allowed it to slowly leak down over time. I'd put money down that you're low on coolant w/a slow leak. Put some dye and a just a bit more refrigerant in it and see if it stops for a bit.