Any ideas why my Idatalink Maestro RR keeps blowing fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesanthony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As title says, my datalink Maestro RR keeps blowing its 7.5 fuse. I have had it together for a few years no problem. I have JVC kw-z1000w so the floating screen and quite a pain to take apart to replace fuse and sometimes it blows instantly and others I can go a few days. Just wondering what would be my start in troubleshooting? Guessing volt meter some wires, but tracing electric issues are not my expertise.

I have 2014 Ram 1500 and I installed everything and been fine for a few years just wondering where I may start.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
As title says, my datalink Maestro RR keeps blowing its 7.5 fuse. I have had it together for a few years no problem. I have JVC kw-z1000w so the floating screen and quite a pain to take apart to replace fuse and sometimes it blows instantly and others I can go a few days. Just wondering what would be my start in troubleshooting? Guessing volt meter some wires, but tracing electric issues are not my expertise.

I have 2014 Ram 1500 and I installed everything and been fine for a few years just wondering where I may start.
A short somewhere? Do you have a jump seat or console?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Jump seat
See if you can replicate it by putting the seat back up and down a few times with the engine running. Also, beat on the closed lid and then drop ass on to the seat. In mine, there was a short with the AUX inputs (I think I just removed the factory AUX inputs to fix it but it's been a while)