JVC KW-Z1000W / 10" Floating display just installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The unit is adjustable for both height and depth. I had it adjusted so that it was just barely forward from the dash face. I never had any issues with the wireless CarPlay.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks fantastic, and congrats on the upgrade.

I too just recently had a new Kenwood Excelon Reference head unit installed.
I went with the DMX975XR as I didn't want to have such a large faced unit to contend with.

For me it was a matter of keeping it more concealed/not so obvious as thieves at a glance see an oversized aftermarket head unit and tend to gravitate on it for opportunity.

Regardless, were I to go with the floating head unit it would have been the Kenwood DMX1057XR. Who needs a NAV head unit when you have AndroidAuot/CarPlay ;)

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everything I have read is that these days, bc jvc owns kenwood, they are basically the same units internally.
I don't disagree with this.
Just different esthetics/layout between the two brands for the most part.
Don't know if one uses slightly higher quality tech or not between the two brands and their model levels.

AustinAggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah I have also heard JVCs UIs are a mess.. feature packed but a mess. I mostly will use CarPlay, not too worried about the UI.