My 2011 Ram 1500 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tw11ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I Received this 2011 Ram 1500 back in April 2018, slowly i have been making it from stock form to custom

Initial Photo of Ownership April 2018
Blurred-Plate.png
After a few years i have added onto, replaced and removed from the truck things that i either did need or make the truck look good(in my opinion).
the initial few modifications were removing the step bars and tonneau cover as they were a pain to use/got in the way.
i added a Grille Guard as the first true modification and then things started to spiral. i added LED Light bars and replaced headlight housings to Projectors from Alpharex and got a toolbox.

The truck in ~2019 was involved in an accident(luckly not at fault) that almost took it out.

(a few days before the Accident)
Blurred-Plate-2.png

After the Accident
IMG_20190918_173016.jpg

the truck was fixed better parts than before.
IMG_20191014_144742.jpg

Progress started to slow down a little bit as i got the truck in a work truck esque vibe. I did eventually end up adding Boost auto parts Tow Mirrors to the truck and finally got around to replacing the OE taillights.
Blurred-Plate-3.png

I wanted to move towards a more Baja/Offroad Natured truck so i sold the Ranch Hand Grille Guard and front OE Bumper and got a Fab Four's Full Guard Bumper Replacement and that added a bit of approach angle to the truck that the OE bumper didn't have. with a few buddies we also Fabricated a custom Headache Rack Roll Bar, that in easy to explain nature, is heavy. After getting the Headache Rack completed and installed to the truck the last thing required to make it look more offroad-ish is a set of meaty tires. the OE rims, with the 5 star pattern i did enjoy, were starting to show signs of age and a ton of searching i ended up going with a set of Mayhem Warrior 8015 17x9 -12MM offset with a set of Toyo Open Country AT3's in a 285/75/17's (upgrade from the stock 265/70/17's). (July 30th 2022)
20220730_203845.jpg

At Some point early on in the process of this project i replaced the head-unit and speakers adding 2 10in subs under the rear seating. i have gone through a few head-units that have either not worked or not worked well for their intended purpose, or just flat out extremely buggy. i have finally settled on a JVC KW-M865BW and i have had zero issues/complaints about this system, i also was able to tie this head-unit into the truck with the iDatalink Maestro.

No Engine/Performance modifications have been done to this truck and currently sits at ~117K miles on the odometer