Any tips for cleaning the textured vinyl Rebel seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mountain

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my 2016 Rebel a week or so ago, and the dealer did a terrible job cleaning it before delivery. I went through an entire can of Armor-All cleaning wipes trying to clean the textured vinyl of the seats, armrests, and other panels in the truck and I was still getting dirt after scrubbing with a third wipe cloth. Apparently the texture really traps dirt and grime. So if there is an easier way to do this, I'd love to hear it.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Gentle cleaner and soft bristle brush. Woolite and a toothbrush specifically. Magic erasers work wonders also. Try some scrubbing bubbles WITHOUT bleach, try an inconspicuous spot. Then condition. I like mothers vlr, readily available. I’m sure there’s fancy stuff, but low cost store items and elbow grease always work for me. Just my $.02

Last edited:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get a soft brush, like soft toothbrush (as mentioned above) type of bristle brush. AutoZone / Checker has some 'decent' ones. I use Water / Simple Green cut 10:1.

You very likely do not need much chemical, you likely need the light mechanical agitation.

Always protect after cleaning! 303 makes a great product.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
+1 on the 303 products. Also, Magic Eraser has some abrasive in it so be careful if you use it.
Jay

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Magic eraser is a foam with no added cleaners or abrasives, it’s like a high grit sandpaper so wetting it is pretty much wet sanding. So yes be gentle. I have never had it scratch vinyl furniture, siding or flooring. But if your seats have a protective coating it probably would remove that. None of my above mentioned methods are endorsed by anyone so please proceed at your own risk! Lol