Cleaning and washing your Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am starting to think you are just a troll. You could not answer the question about what about people without access to water. They need protection. You just side stepped. This will be my last post here as I try not to feed the Trolls and I am now convinced you are one. Good luck with your method.

OP
OP
chris1965

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am starting to think you are just a troll. You could not answer the question about what about people without access to water. They need protection. You just side stepped. This will be my last post here as I try not to feed the Trolls and I am now convinced you are one. Good luck with your method.

No I'm not a troll.
I just answer your questions.
And what people do without water? well- they have dirty cars. didn't think that you really want an answer.
If I would not have access to water, I would go to a regular carwash- better than just leave it.
I did not side step.
I just think, you don't read- or don't want understand my answers.

and all I asked was: if you tell me that I'm wrong: where I'm wrong and why. with proof.
I just tell people they are wrong, when I can proof it. if not, I add my way as another possibility and enrichment of the statement. and that's the difference. if that makes me a troll. well- yeah- then I'm a troll.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is beginning to remind me of a dog chasing his tail--I'm done! This is a prime example that people should use due diligence and being able to trust the source of information based on proven results over time. I think there are a few members that have gained that trust on the subject of detailing.
Jay

OP
OP
chris1965

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh lort.
did not know that a simple car wash tip causes such a problem. yeah- I keep my mouth shut for the future. learned a lot out of it.
one is, that you have to have 1000+ posts and have to sign up for being a supporting member to be able to give some tips.

Done.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am the KING and there is not a member on this site that has a cleaner truck than me, trust me on this one. Keep in mind I am retired and generally when not travelling have nothing better to do than take care of the toys. This is just an example but the 2009 GT500 has 219 coats of paint cleaner, polish, wax/sealant, not bad you say but that 219 coats is in 2400 miles. I am guessing that is a coat every 5.4 miles.

The R/T is spotless underneath mind you it has a hair over 600 miles. I am used to rusty drivshafts that require paint but with the R/T is is not needed as it is wrapped in an aluminum looking case. SWEET. Another nice thing about a truck is it is much easier to get underneath to detail, a car needs to be lifted much more I find. Happy car detailing folks. Errrrr I forgot but I use products that the Rolls factory uses before the car leaves the factory, expensive yes but they do a fantastic job for sure.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
People have the right to have different opinions. It has nothing to do with post count or membership standing. You put something out on the internet and someone disagrees with you. If you can't stand to have your ideas challenged or rejected find somewhere else to vent. Sorry your feelings got hurt, put your big boy pants on and get over it. No one made a personal attack on you or about you so there is no need to go down that road.
Jay

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tank,
On the last picture of your truck you posted I saw one speck of dust on one of the exhaust tips----one demerit !!! :naughty::naughty:
Jay

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tank,
On the last picture of your truck you posted I saw one speck of dust on one of the exhaust tips----one demerit !!! :naughty::naughty:
Jay

believe it or not I have yet to post a pic, I am waiting to finish before posting. Lowering in the next couple of weeks, then I will post :favorites13::)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well maybe I was exaggerating--just a little though :)
Jay

OP
OP
chris1965

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
People have the right to have different opinions. It has nothing to do with post count or membership standing. You put something out on the internet and someone disagrees with you. If you can't stand to have your ideas challenged or rejected find somewhere else to vent. Sorry your feelings got hurt, put your big boy pants on and get over it. No one made a personal attack on you or about you so there is no need to go down that road.
Jay

you still don't get it.
all I asked was- you say it's wrong what I say- tell me why. all I hear is stupid questions having nothing to do with cleaning.
Rust has nothing to do with it.
scratches have nothing to do with it
uv-bleaching has nothing to do with it.
and the best: what do people do when they have no water? and you really expect me to answer to that???

sorry. no my feelings are not hurt- I also don't feel rejected. therefore I have to care about somebody and in my life is just one person I care about-beside me.
I just see people who say that I'm wrong, and while I can prove every bit I said, nobody can tell me why they think I'm wrong. ..."I don't know nothing about what you say, but you're wrong"... come on.
That's the problem what I have.

but leave it there. I know why I am where I am and what I get paid for. because exactly the same reason. I can tell you why and how I came to the conclusion and also can prove it.

and there is no law in the world saying that you have to do what I say and I never expected it.

Have a nice day. :favorites13:

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone has their own way to wash and take car of their vehicle. You have yours and I have mine. Do you see me preaching on how "I" do it ? Nope... Never will. I will let some people know a good product when I come across one. But just let people do their thing and move along... We are all truck guys here, do you really want someone telling you what you should or should not do to your truck. Nope didn't think so. This is really a useless post. Nothing to be learned here.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm more offended by the OP's poor spelling and grammar than his opinion on how to clean a vehicle. It's easier to dismiss a "pro's" laughably wrong opinion than to read the brutal posts he makes. Most of his responses are exactly how he misspells Armor All, in that they are "amoral."

As for how to properly clean a vehicle, 99.9% of pro's would laugh at his info. However, if it makes him happy...let him do his thing.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After yesterdays "conversation" Chris motivated me so I went out and washed and sealed the truck with some Wolfgang 3.0. I let it sit all night then went out this morning and topped it with my Collinite 845. Pictures to follow-- :naughty:
Jay

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
After yesterdays "conversation" Chris motivated me so I went out and washed and sealed the truck with some Wolfgang 3.0. I let it sit all night then went out this morning and topped it with my Collinite 845. Pictures to follow-- :naughty:
Jay

SMH... that won't do any good. Just wash it. ;)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
These are the "pictures to follow". Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and topped with Collinite 845. The second picture looks like ****--it's the camera(or what's behind the camera, not the truck finish) LOL
Jay

Attachments

• DSCN0868.jpg
    DSCN0868.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0869.jpg
    DSCN0869.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN0870.jpg
    DSCN0870.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it's not opinion.
The easy part first. bugs and bird poop is acid and eats actually the paint off. It's important to remove it immediately. normally it's enough to spray it off with water- water is thinning the acid in the bird poop and insect bodies and dissolves it.
the problem is more the chitin from the insects. this glues with the guts on the paint. if you wipe it off, it will scratch the paint. this is what you see- scratches. that's where I said: layer newspaper on top and water it good and keep it moist- it will loosen the guts and soften the chitin and you can wipe it off easy without scratching the paint.
Salt is not marrying with your paint. salt sits on it and when it dries, it is crystals. if you wipe over it, you scratch the paint.
Salt removal is easy. water water water. and after spraying it off good, use like normal good car wash soap and a micro fiber rag. wash the rag out often and good. When I drove through salt, as soon as the weather gets better, I drive through a car wash with them soft rags instead of them hard brushes. I buy the underbody wash. this takes care of most of the underbody and sprays the salt out of the corners. you can do it by hand with the hose, but you will not reach all regions like the carwash.
then wash the vehicle at home like normal. that takes care of it.
and like I said. if you have corrosion, there was a damage before. other than that- there is no way the vehicle does rust.
Ok- I always spray underbody protection on my underbody and frame as soon as I bought it. this also helps to keep the underbody rust free.
Sir, Have you ever tried any other car care products other than Armor All, there are some really good products out there, I see you live in the Carolina's so you don't have to deal with the harsh weather or chemicals like Mag Chloride that us in the NE have to contend with, cant's believe you wrote so much nonsense that to me is useless information I suggest you get a grip and listen to others.

magman777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, I have read through all of these comments and to be honest am almost scared to inject my opinion. I don't have scientific evidence, but have held some of the same beliefs that Chris mentioned. First off, wiping anything across your paint without doing a good rinse first, scratches your paint. I don't need research for that one, just common sense. Second, I have not applied wax to any of my vehicles for many years, ever since they started clear coating everything. Why waste money and time trying to get a shine from something that has the shine sprayed on it, again IMHO common sense. And every vehicle I owned was shinning like new when I was done with it. My biggest issue was stopping people (without common sense) from leaning against my truck, or sitting on my car hood, or wiping their hand across the paint when it's a little dirty. I know I'll be persecuted for these comments but I couldn't just leave him hanging by his self since I agree with most of what he said. In fact it was refreshing to get his perspective on the matter since I know there aren't many people I see doing it the way I do. Myself I don't like spending bunches of $ on all those products that all claim to be better than the rest. If you'll look back through this thread, you will see that his is not the only opinion that is different. But I guess because he said that he is an authority on the matter puts him in the cross hairs LOL. Myself I appreciate someone that is an authority sharing what he has learned to help me. Now when I get done with this I'm going to sign out and stay off till the dust clears, because I'm not in the mood to get beat up today, HAHA And if nothing else I'm sure I made some grammar mistakes or misspellings that will be pointed out. Please everyone have a great day and God Bless all of you.