anybody else get soaked this weekend camping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Beautiful in Minnesota. My home town of Prior Lake is buzzing, and the lake is awesome! Candy Cove Bay is bumper to bumper with boats having a blast!!! Sunny mid 70’s.

Last edited:

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Sunny and 70s, 80’s and 90 all week here in Minnesota. My home town of Prior Lake is buzzing downtown and the lake is packed! Bumper to bumper in Candy Cove (big hangout spot). Lots of very white people in need of some sun and a tan badly!!! Lol.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It call camping, it call fishing, hunting,
Otherwise it be call work,

not even camping trip is perfect
But if you’re not in hospital, jail,
corners office, or Divorce court,
Most likely was good trip,
i agree. not in any of those places. me and the mrs discussed something similar on the way home today. wasnt the best weekend weather wise but it was better than some other places we coulda been

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife and I both had off Friday, but we didn't go until Saturday. Friday was 44 and rain. That was pretty much the only rain, but it didn't warm up until Monday. Saturday/Sunday were still in the 50s.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
so we kept our reservations, got set up in the dry, here we sit, rain rain F'n rain. PA is soaked this weekend. not lookn like itll dry up till monday, just abiut the time we are ready to pack up for home. better luck next time.

I lived in PA for the first 24 years of my life and we always went to the Jersey shore during Memorial Day weekend for some stupid reason. I seem to remember that Memorial Day weekend was always cold and rainy. I still have family there in the NJ coastal areas and was not surprised at all to see that it was once again cold and rainy this weekend. Camping is no fun in the rain. Sorry for the washout.

I've since moved to SC so I can put that weekend(s) memory behind me.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lived in PA for the first 24 years of my life and we always went to the Jersey shore during Memorial Day weekend for some stupid reason. I seem to remember that Memorial Day weekend was always cold and rainy. I still have family there in the NJ coastal areas and was not surprised at all to see that it was once again cold and rainy this weekend. Camping is no fun in the rain. Sorry for the washout.

yeah thanks. it sucks but cant control the weather, atleast we were able to be out and camping. was beautiful while we were packing up to leave. just makes for a muddy mess and lotsa cleanup when u get home.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

yeah thanks. it sucks but cant control the weather, atleast we were able to be out and camping. was beautiful while we were packing up to leave. just makes for a muddy mess and lotsa cleanup when u get home.

jman27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Was nervous about camping the weekend before Memorial Day, but weather turned out great in Finger Lakes region of NY. In the begining of May I kept thinking we should have gone for Memorial Day weekend... glad we had other plans that weekend that prevented us from camping.

At the very least, it becomes a good story/memory and hopefully some good time with family and/or friends! happy camping!

David F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7l diesel
Well, those of you who get rain might share a bit of your misery. I'd take a day or two of the muddy mess now and then if it meant some water in the reservoirs here. Sunny and nice everyday gets old when you are in a prolonged drought.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, those of you who get rain might share a bit of your misery. I'd take a day or two of the muddy mess now and then if it meant some water in the reservoirs here. Sunny and nice everyday gets old when you are in a prolonged drought.
i must say, i know rain is a vital part of life but id rather hot and dry with a occasional rain storm during the night or a work day when i cant get out. bring on the heat

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ha, yup. At the lake in PA, it was 50 degrees and raining from arrival Friday through Sunday afternoon. Thankfully we stayed until Tuesday night, so Monday and Tuesday were beautiful and we got out on the lake. One of our friends weren't so lucky, they had to leave Monday morning and didn't really get to enjoy it!

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chris, as you know, yesterday was a washout also, but I see some sun this morning so hopefully you will be able to pack up, drive home, unload and clean the truck and rig in nice weather at least.

Many trips for me it seems to work out that way. The nicest day is the one where you have to go home.

I assume the CG was full this weekend or were there cancellations with all the rain?

Also, do you tow your tt with that lifted truck in your screen name area? Got any pics?

Happy Memorial Day Gents! :patriot:
hey thats exactly what happened. sunshine for clean up. nosir. i do not haul with the lifted one. i did a time or 2 being we had a carshow near the campground but we have a 16 ram for towing.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Rain while camping will reveal who has the best fire making skills. Most of my camping years were done on a Harley with a bunch of idiots dressed similarly.

Step one: put flat rock under kickstand.
Step 2: beer
Step 3: make fire by any means necessary.
Step 4: beer
Step 5: pick up Rockhead's bike. He couldn't find a flat rock.
Step 6: send Rockhead for more beer.
Big fun!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rain while camping will reveal who has the best fire making skills. Most of my camping years were done on a Harley with a bunch of idiots dressed similarly.

Step one: put flat rock under kickstand.
Step 2: beer
Step 3: make fire by any means necessary.
Step 4: beer
Step 5: pick up Rockhead's bike. He couldn't find a flat rock.
Step 6: send Rockhead for more beer.
Big fun!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
steps 2&4 are important steps.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow! double rainbow!! thats awesome.

shot that on my phone, it does it no justice! You could see all the colors, it was the most vivid rainbow I’ve ever seen. Thought the sky was kinda cool, made it look like I was coming out of a tunnel.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
shot that on my phone, it does it no justice! You could see all the colors, it was the most vivid rainbow I’ve ever seen. Thought the sky was kinda cool, made it look like I was coming out of a tunnel.
heres a cool story, back years ago when i drove truck we were hauling into a power plant, there was a double rainbow that crossed each other and i drove right under it. was a cool experience. never saw a crossing rainbow before and havent seen one since but driving thru/under it was awesome. wish i had a cell phone at the time. that was the bag phone era. haha