anybody else get soaked this weekend camping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so we kept our reservations, got set up in the dry, here we sit, rain rain F'n rain. PA is soaked this weekend. not lookn like itll dry up till monday, just abiut the time we are ready to pack up for home. better luck next time.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its been awful here in Texas as well. We get a break today and tomorrow and then all of next week it is back in here...

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Setting up & leveling my new Toy hauler in Mountain City, TN.

Soaked thru 'n thru.

15 minutes later and I would have been dry as a bone!

Oh well, we have a long track record of getting soaked going to Rolling Thunder in Washington DC. Just came early this year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
so we kept our reservations, got set up in the dry, here we sit, rain rain F'n rain. PA is soaked this weekend. not lookn like itll dry up till monday, just abiut the time we are ready to pack up for home. better luck next time.

Those are the times when an awning comes in handy.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
It sure is. Been raining in various amounts all day today. This weekend would be miserable for camping.

I give you credit for keeping the reservation. I think I would have bagged it. It's even damp I'm my house. Crazy weather! One week we're hot and humid and it feels like the dead of summer, now it's in the low 50s the next 2 days and I had to turn the heat back on again... lol

Weather like this camping would make me want a bigger camper when your stuck inside. No campfires would bum me out too.

Good time for board games or card games. And hey, looks like you have internet access... so good time to catch up on ram forum!

Make the best of it. You still got away for a few days.... always a good thing.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Nope, dry as a bone at the campground here in Tampa

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Nice! There you go!

Yeah, we had maybe an hour yesterday when the rain stopped for the most part and i was able to get some weed eating done, thankfully.

Enjoy your Sunday gents!

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yesterday it was nice here in Wisconsin well mid 60s and sunny. Got down to 36 Friday night and of course ran out of propane in one tank so 330am wife wakes me up saying it's too cold so I ran outside quick and cracked open the other tank. Had my cousins wedding yesterday and after roughly 30 years but mainly the past 5 years my uncle finished restoring his 48 chevy pickup. He took my son and I around the parking lot in it. Made my sons day. I would post pics of it since he did an amazing job and all the work himself but he's old school and probably wouldn't like that. He doesn't even have a cell phone. Well he does but it's always off and he never uses it. High of 56 here today and raining on and off.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yesterday it was nice here in Wisconsin well mid 60s and sunny. Got down to 36 Friday night and of course ran out of propane in one tank so 330am wife wakes me up saying it's too cold so I ran outside quick and cracked open the other tank. Had my cousins wedding yesterday and after roughly 30 years but mainly the past 5 years my uncle finished restoring his 48 chevy pickup. He took my son and I around the parking lot in it. Made my sons day. I would post pics of it since he did an amazing job and all the work himself but he's old school and probably wouldn't like that. He doesn't even have a cell phone. Well he does but it's always off and he never uses it. High of 56 here today and raining on and off.

With a auto change over regulator you wouldnt have had to run outside at 0330.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It poured here in South Jersey too but we didn't go camping this weekend, I had to work. A friend was going to tent camp this weekend. He changed it to next weekend.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Chris, as you know, yesterday was a washout also, but I see some sun this morning so hopefully you will be able to pack up, drive home, unload and clean the truck and rig in nice weather at least.

Many trips for me it seems to work out that way. The nicest day is the one where you have to go home.

I assume the CG was full this weekend or were there cancellations with all the rain?

Also, do you tow your tt with that lifted truck in your screen name area? Got any pics?

Happy Memorial Day Gents! :patriot:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Absolutely awesome weekend here in NW Arkansas. Unseasonably nice temps (should be hot by now), dry, some nice breezes. Rain is suppose to move in late today, but at least the weekend was great.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would trade places and be soaked in a campground right now. Our dog had surgery about 2 weeks ago for tumor, good prognosis on that part. But she got into it a couple days later and we missed it, the doctor had to do emergency surgery to remove dead flesh and it is now a 24/7 watch to give her meds, make sure she doesn't touch it, and monitor breathing with the sedatives, pain pills and antibiotics. She should recover, but takes my wife, my sister who came down, and myself to sit and hold her. Can't wait till she is sitting in front of the truck in a campground again.

But it struggled to get to 52 yesterday and the same Saturday. Rained the whole weekend. I saw the sunrise this morning as I had early morning shift, looks like a nice day brewing. I hope you all get a great last day of camping in. Have a great cookout. And take a moment to remember those that the day is for. A diamond and a cross for my Uncle.

Brent 1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Brent 1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It always rains on Memorial day here in Kansas and don't expect your rain to stop on Monday because this storm is heading your way also.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not gone anywhere on a Holiday weekend or otherwise since 1973. I hated it then and then I divorced her :p

Since we are talking holidays. My last New Years Eve Celebration was in 1969. Times Square. Ditto. Never again.

Holidays are for the amateur's. Us serious drinkers and vacationers go during non-peak times.:banana-mario:

Your mileage may vary:D

Willie Mosher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 gas
It call camping, it call fishing, hunting,
Otherwise it be call work,

not even camping trip is perfect
But if you’re not in hospital, jail,
corners office, or Divorce court,
Most likely was good trip,