Anyone added the aux switches to a 4th Gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Definitely need to get my switches figured out!! Finally got my kc light bar and it's almost a perfect fit!

20181230_223006.jpg

Steady Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my AUX switches up and running from 4th Gen Ram Electronics kit in my '17 1500 Laramie. Only issues is I can't get the controls to show up in the EVIC nor 8.4. However, I was able to modify the functions in AlfaOBD, so I could set them as I desired.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
You got a pic of this installed? Really digging that Pro6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well winter was just about over til we got snow yesterday lol but once its warm I will work on it. Truck wont fit in my garage haha

jRuN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rehasing an old thread here... but i'm a new owner :) I have a 2017 sport with the heated/ventilated seats/steering wheel.. and i was just wondering if it was possible to add a couple Aux switches to the existing panel where there are empty spots? I don't have the park sense buttons so i thought Aux1 Aux2 could go over there

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rehasing an old thread here... but i'm a new owner :) I have a 2017 sport with the heated/ventilated seats/steering wheel.. and i was just wondering if it was possible to add a couple Aux switches to the existing panel where there are empty spots? I don't have the park sense buttons so i thought Aux1 Aux2 could go over there

the aux switches only come in the bottom of that panel, but the soft buttons for the seats and wheel will still be accessible through the radio.

Hotshotstetson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kinda off topic but I’m Looking for wisdom on the switch side. My original switch panel has the tow/haul, esc, front and rear park sensors. On the panel It is my understanding there is a constant power in, switched power in, and ground. I understand you would have to add the five wires to activate the relays. My confusion is on the original panel. If there is only three wires one ground, and to hot. How does that activate the current switches? Wouldn’t there be additional wires from the switch to the tow/haul, park sensor, esc? I guess the better question is how does the actual panel work with only three wires and four buttons? Any understanding of this system is greatly appreciated.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This guy has 3 videos on it if you can handle hearing "hot damn" a million times lmao my setup will be pretty familiar to his but with a low voltage cutoff built in

Yeah, that's his "tag-line" and I've seen a LOT of his videos. Kinda funny sometimes though.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Kinda off topic but I’m Looking for wisdom on the switch side. My original switch panel has the tow/haul, esc, front and rear park sensors. On the panel It is my understanding there is a constant power in, switched power in, and ground. I understand you would have to add the five wires to activate the relays. My confusion is on the original panel. If there is only three wires one ground, and to hot. How does that activate the current switches? Wouldn’t there be additional wires from the switch to the tow/haul, park sensor, esc? I guess the better question is how does the actual panel work with only three wires and four buttons? Any understanding of this system is greatly appreciated.
The switch bank is a module that sends messages. The three wires are actually switched power, ground, and LIN Bus. It is the LIN Bus wire that busses the messages for whatever switch is pushed. That wire is also how the operation of the aux switches can be changed to be momentary, latching, remember last state, etc. The actual wires for each aux switch just complete the ground circuit for their relay coil.

Hotshotstetson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok this makes more sense now. Thought I was loosing my mind for a moment. Thank you jimmy07.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yeah, that's his "tag-line" and I've seen a LOT of his videos. Kinda funny sometimes though.

Joey posts as KustomBlack on here,he's quite the character at times,lol.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Joey posts as KustomBlack on here,he's quite the character at times,lol.

I'm actually a subscriber. I watched his rear control arms video the other day regarding the Core units. He's very passionate about his videos too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357