Anyone go down the path of hiring an attorney to deal with shady dealers and/or contacted Dodge directly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhugga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel.
I live in the Austin, TX area and we basically have 3 dealers here. One of which I had problems with going way back 20 years when I was dumb enough to buy a jeep. No shocker that I'm having problems with them again 2 decades later with a Dodge truck now.

I bought a 21 Ram 3500 HO Diesel with air suspension at Nyle Maxwell near Cedar Park where I was living at the time. I now have 22k miles on it. I bought this to tow a 30-foot trailer and eventually a 5th wheel which I've recently just finally purchased. Within the first year the air suspension quit working. I took it to Mack Haik in Georgetown, TX (where I did not buy it from, I took it here because this is where I live now) and was told (right after he tried to bang me out for new tires I didn't yet need) "this is en engineering problem and there is no fix for it at the current time". Coincidentally a couple months later I hired a tree trimmer to trim my trees after a storm and turns out this guy is a regional Dodge rep. he told me this was a flat out lie and likely this dealer didn't wanna tie up a bay with a multi-week warranty repair job, especially for a truck bought at another dealer.

Since then I've have unbearable problems getting my truck into service. I've had to do oil changes and brake work at 3rd parties. They no longer have loaner cars at the 2 dealers I'm trying to work with. It's literally weeks before they claim they can even look at it once brought in and probably many weeks after that due to "parts shortages". I can' stroke out $800 a week for a basic econo retal car. Just this morning I called about the transmission light coming on and was told it would probably be 2 weeks before I could even bring it in and another couple weeks before they could even diagnose the problem(s). So right off the bat I'm looking at upwards of $3k in rental car costs. (would rather that go to a legal retainer)

In summary, I now have a transmission warning light on. The trailer brake has never worked, now that I own a 5th wheel I'm finding this out. The air suspension is still broken. I need a fuel filter service. A myriad of little ticky tack things like radio knobs falling off and misc stuff inside the cab. (22,000 miles FYI)

I've just reached the end of my tolerance and patience with these crappy, shady dealers.

Should I even bother with contacting the Dodge corporation? Or should I go directly to interviewing lawyers? I'm absolutely fed up. The is the most unsatisfactory vehicle purchase of my life. I paid $90k for this truck. Absolutely blown away at one) how many problems I've had and two) how absolutely crap and dishonest the dealers have been.

I already have a deposit down on a Ford F450 (note: NOT AT MARK HAIK FORD for sure), but I'm told this is going to be a year long wait. I have a brand new 5th wheel I can't use now. My 1 year warranty on a slew of stuff in it will pass before I can even vet it out and use it.

Absolutely had enough. Won't ever buy another Dodge in my life but I'm stuck in this situation until I can trade it in for the Ford. But I'm not taking this lying down. I'm ready to throw down a chunk of cash on a legal retainer and go this route. I'm so fed up.

Just curious if contacting the Dodge corporation will be of use? I'll contact them anyways regardless but should I expect this route to bear any fruit?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Squeaky wheel blah blah blah, if you mention the word lawyer, dealerships freeze . Read up on lemon laws ,sounds like you may be a good candidate if still under warranty. You will have to meet a few requirements,however nothing to much. Will you ever return here to provide us with the outcome? Probably just joined to vent . Feel better now ? Good luck with your ford.

OP
OP
R

rhugga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel.
Squeaky wheel blah blah blah, if you mention the word lawyer, dealerships freeze . Read up on lemon laws ,sounds like you may be a good candidate if still under warranty. You will have to meet a few requirements,however nothing to much. Will you ever return here to provide us with the outcome? Probably just joined to vent . Feel better now ? Good luck with your ford.
Hey cleetus, if you have nothing productive to provide my thread, go back into your trailer and be bitter and miserable by yourself,. Mmmkay? Thanks kid. Talking about a squeaky wheel. Mental image of some toothless imbecile using the Internet to displace and project the misery in his life.

JoshsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey cleetus, if you have nothing productive to provide my thread, go back into your trailer and be bitter and miserable by yourself,. Mmmkay? Thanks kid. Talking about a squeaky wheel. Mental image of some toothless imbecile using the Internet to displace and project the misery in his life.
He is referencing the myriad of people who join, complain and then never return to update the thread or comment again. Your name calling is very childish and not likely to get you much help here.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in the Austin, TX area and we basically have 3 dealers here. One of which I had problems with going way back 20 years when I was dumb enough to buy a jeep. No shocker that I'm having problems with them again 2 decades later with a Dodge truck now.

I bought a 21 Ram 3500 HO Diesel with air suspension at Nyle Maxwell near Cedar Park where I was living at the time. I now have 22k miles on it. I bought this to tow a 30-foot trailer and eventually a 5th wheel which I've recently just finally purchased. Within the first year the air suspension quit working. I took it to Mack Haik in Georgetown, TX (where I did not buy it from, I took it here because this is where I live now) and was told (right after he tried to bang me out for new tires I didn't yet need) "this is en engineering problem and there is no fix for it at the current time". Coincidentally a couple months later I hired a tree trimmer to trim my trees after a storm and turns out this guy is a regional Dodge rep. he told me this was a flat out lie and likely this dealer didn't wanna tie up a bay with a multi-week warranty repair job, especially for a truck bought at another dealer.

Since then I've have unbearable problems getting my truck into service. I've had to do oil changes and brake work at 3rd parties. They no longer have loaner cars at the 2 dealers I'm trying to work with. It's literally weeks before they claim they can even look at it once brought in and probably many weeks after that due to "parts shortages". I can' stroke out $800 a week for a basic econo retal car. Just this morning I called about the transmission light coming on and was told it would probably be 2 weeks before I could even bring it in and another couple weeks before they could even diagnose the problem(s). So right off the bat I'm looking at upwards of $3k in rental car costs. (would rather that go to a legal retainer)

In summary, I now have a transmission warning light on. The trailer brake has never worked, now that I own a 5th wheel I'm finding this out. The air suspension is still broken. I need a fuel filter service. A myriad of little ticky tack things like radio knobs falling off and misc stuff inside the cab. (22,000 miles FYI)

I've just reached the end of my tolerance and patience with these crappy, shady dealers.

Should I even bother with contacting the Dodge corporation? Or should I go directly to interviewing lawyers? I'm absolutely fed up. The is the most unsatisfactory vehicle purchase of my life. I paid $90k for this truck. Absolutely blown away at one) how many problems I've had and two) how absolutely crap and dishonest the dealers have been.

I already have a deposit down on a Ford F450 (note: NOT AT MARK HAIK FORD for sure), but I'm told this is going to be a year long wait. I have a brand new 5th wheel I can't use now. My 1 year warranty on a slew of stuff in it will pass before I can even vet it out and use it.

Absolutely had enough. Won't ever buy another Dodge in my life but I'm stuck in this situation until I can trade it in for the Ford. But I'm not taking this lying down. I'm ready to throw down a chunk of cash on a legal retainer and go this route. I'm so fed up.

Just curious if contacting the Dodge corporation will be of use? I'll contact them anyways regardless but should I expect this route to bear any fruit?

Daw14 has been around this forum awhile and he was probably serious about asking if you’ll ever be back to update your situation. It happens all the time and I’ve only been here about three years. The amount of people joining to vent their frustration is more than you may think. As a forum the members like to hear about others experience as it may help out others in the long term. That said, please do return with an update, it’s appreciated. I understand your frustration buying such an expensive vehicle and being brushed aside. I dislike it too. I live in a medium size metropolitan area and have access to more than a dozen RAM, Jeep, Chrysler dealers although some dealerships are owned by the same automotive group. The Ram dealer closest to my home I wouldn’t patronize if they were the last dealer in operation yet they are owned by the same auto group as the Jeep/Chrysler dealer less than a mile away. The Jeep/Chrysler dealer is one of the best dealerships I’ve encountered and I take my Ram there for service not their brother Ram dealer. That said have you tried a Jeep or Chrysler or Dodge dealer? The techs are typically cross trained on the different automotive systems found on the Stelantis platforms. Possibly a Chrysler dealer can get you in before the Ram dealer. It may not be ideal but going to a dealer farther away may be a better option at this point. Yes it stinks that the purchase dealer is of no use but your frustration level is not worth the convenience. Best way to punish, so to speak a poor dealer is don’t give them your business, including warranty work. Best of luck with your vehicle and do reach out to Stellantis with your concerns.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Sir, you've gone about this in an entirely inappropriate manner when it comes to addressing members of this forum who are trying to assist you, in my personal opinion!

Clearly, by my account at least, you come here and bash the OEM that we enthusiasts appreciate and tell us that you've already ordered an blue oval, but want vengeance on MOPAR for doing you wrong before your delivery date of another OEM's product (dude, and you serious!).

This is absolutely not the place for you whatsoever, and if you had an ounce of common sense and taken that even further with a quick review of the content herein and the dedicated members as well, a smarter person likely would have taken a breath and purported a more decent approach to your response to @Daw14 , and firstly, your initial opening credo!

Good luck with your.. whatever it is you hope to achieve here on our Ram Forum, and please head over to the prius forum and dump your diarrhetic diatribe there ;)

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a bit more than 3 dealers near U in Austin, besides: Buda, Kyle, Taylor? Somebody down in Austin AO gotta be able to help U. As far as Mac Haik, lol, no comment. But the minute U yell "lawyer", I wish U luck in your endeavors and hopefully a resolution.

Thornback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You say you are ready to lay down a chunk of change for a lawyer. They will want a substantial retainer. And be prepared for a long mediation and a long stressful time. Well, what I would do is look around Ford dealers for a used Ford that will pull a fifth wheel. Even check GMC and Chevrolet lots. When you find one, trade the Dodge, pay the difference with the lawyer money, hook up the trailer and hit the highway. No more stress. Later make the trade-in when the new Ford arrives. Always consider money spent vs long stressful times. Life is short.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
The 5th Gen Cummins when first out had a new Bosch CP4.2 fuel pump that was a disaster. Stellantis dragged their feet for years getting those pumps replaced. I finally used my retired CalPers legal benefit to turn a lawyer loose on them and got $7,000. So, yeah, if it is a valid claim, you can make things happen. Those trucks would be running fine then all of a sudden, without warning, the engine quits. Dangerous. Valid claim. I babied mine along with a Lucas fuel additive than increased lubricity. Finally the Dealer called to schedule the replacement. Thank God nothing happened.

pscarbor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2006, 2009
Engine
5.9, 5.7 Hemi, 5.7 Hemi

I have a 2009 Ram 1500 which is actually a 2010, with a lifetime engine/powertrain warranty. Three years ago the transmission dropped into limp mode. Had it towed a dealer about 90 miles away (I live in rural Louisiana). They kept it for a couple of months, kept telling me their tech was out sick and they'd "get right on it".

So my wife contacted Chrysler (not Stellaris at that time). The rep called the dealer and lit a fire under them, and in the short space of a couple more months they put a rebuilt 65RFE in it.

Fast forward to February this year: In order to keep the lifetime warranty I have to take it in to get inspected every five years. I didn't get a notification this time; I found out Dodge/Stellaris stopped sending notifications (wonder why?). Took the truck to the same dealer, the inspection passed.

-BUT-

They did a "complimentary evaluation" and came up with over $5000 worth of "critical" issues that had to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Those issues included new tires because mine were "dry rotted" (they weren't); immediate radiator flush needed (it wasn't; I'd just replaced the radiator and flushed it two weeks before) cost $700; change transmission filter and fluid, $550; and the kicker, "Replace burned out license plate light, $262". When I questioned the service tech he told me the bumper had to be removed to replace the bulb. It didn't; I drove down the street to O'Reilleys, got two bulbs for a buck and a half, pulled the holder out and replaced the bulb. Total time to do the repair, about a minute and a half.

So, I'd recommend you first contact Stellaris, give them a chance to get your truck fixed. Expect a long delay. As you wrote the dealers don't want to tie up a bay with a warranty repair when they can be screwing, er I mean, fixing other guys' trucks and getting paid for it.

If Stellaris can't or won't help then HELL YES get a lawyer and go after them! A lot of these dealers are so crooked that when they die they'll have to be screwed into the ground. The only way this is gonna get cleaned up is if people DEMAND the warranties they've been promised and paid for. A good lawyer is gonna see a lot of zeros on the settlement check if he has to take them to court. A bad lawyer will probably see a lot more.

Good luck, you're gonna need it!

RamRod1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You can reach out to your state DMV, they regulate dealerships and can possibly help you

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had a couple suggestions, but never mind. Too old to get in a ******* match.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Always understandable that someone joins when they have a problem, I am sure that is how I ended up here so many years ago. It then name calling to a trusted contributor ends the help.

I wonder, if OP has a bunch of cash lying around to hire an attorney, why not just pay to fix stuff and get value for the money instead of probably hearing that the lemon laws require steps a through z first. I get it is under warranty but he could get it fixed and at least use the truck for fun.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 which is actually a 2010, with a lifetime engine/powertrain warranty. Three years ago the transmission dropped into limp mode. Had it towed a dealer about 90 miles away (I live in rural Louisiana). They kept it for a couple of months, kept telling me their tech was out sick and they'd "get right on it".

So my wife contacted Chrysler (not Stellaris at that time). The rep called the dealer and lit a fire under them, and in the short space of a couple more months they put a rebuilt 65RFE in it.

Fast forward to February this year: In order to keep the lifetime warranty I have to take it in to get inspected every five years. I didn't get a notification this time; I found out Dodge/Stellaris stopped sending notifications (wonder why?). Took the truck to the same dealer, the inspection passed.

-BUT-

They did a "complimentary evaluation" and came up with over $5000 worth of "critical" issues that had to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Those issues included new tires because mine were "dry rotted" (they weren't); immediate radiator flush needed (it wasn't; I'd just replaced the radiator and flushed it two weeks before) cost $700; change transmission filter and fluid, $550; and the kicker, "Replace burned out license plate light, $262". When I questioned the service tech he told me the bumper had to be removed to replace the bulb. It didn't; I drove down the street to O'Reilleys, got two bulbs for a buck and a half, pulled the holder out and replaced the bulb. Total time to do the repair, about a minute and a half.

So, I'd recommend you first contact Stellaris, give them a chance to get your truck fixed. Expect a long delay. As you wrote the dealers don't want to tie up a bay with a warranty repair when they can be screwing, er I mean, fixing other guys' trucks and getting paid for it.

If Stellaris can't or won't help then HELL YES get a lawyer and go after them! A lot of these dealers are so crooked that when they die they'll have to be screwed into the ground. The only way this is gonna get cleaned up is if people DEMAND the warranties they've been promised and paid for. A good lawyer is gonna see a lot of zeros on the settlement check if he has to take them to court. A bad lawyer will probably see a lot more.

I have the life time warranty on my 2019, I never noticed a "five year" evaluation.

jfab6969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed no information about what is actually happening with the trans, other than a light on, or the air suspension, or how the radio knobs are falling off? I did have some issues with my 18 DWR rear air suspension but without knowing what the issue you are experiencing is there is no way to offer any help. But yes hire an attorney, I'm sure they need the money.

ReddJackson

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 Turbo
Damn, depressing thread…fortunately I have a RAM Truck shop (Dealer) bout 30 miles from me…if I have a problem they’ve gotten me in the next day and have taken care of it including fuel filters and no charge for a Turbo Actuator…like I said I feel extremely fortunate with a great dealer…so far so good.
Anyone here in Nor Cal I’m using Hoblit RAM Truck Center in Woodland CA

dennisok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just like anything else in life there are great dealers poor dealers and a majority of dealers in between. Talking to a lawyer might work but I would suggest you take a different approach.

1. Put together a complete list of every item on your truck needing repair ( no extra comments, just list what's needed.)

2. Send list to service department at the dealer of your choice. Include Vin number and that this is a warranty claim. Ask that you recieve a call back within 24 hours to schedule you in for them to look at truck so that parts can be ordered. Do not change repair list except in writing. List anything new at bottom of list and mark it as a new item.

3. If you don't get a call back escalate to dealer service department manager.

4. Most Ram dealers can be from 2 weeks out to two month's out for the actual repair. All dealers are pretty busy. If you want to hurry the process, I have had more luck with rural dealers vs. dealers in a city.

5. Still not getting anyone to call you back you can always escalate to a Ram regional manager. If you do this make sure you have dates you sent commications to dealer and outcome if any.

You will not get the outcome you want venting to everyone. Have all documentation so that you can build your case for repairs.

You will get results this way. Keep it professional and they typically will as well.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Sounds like you need to get your tree trimmer to work the problem.

I would like to know though how much of this interaction with your dealership you have documented from them other than a verbal conversation? If mostly verbal and not written down by them in any correspondence, you are basically ******* up a rope to hire a lawyer over this.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi

-BUT-

I watched a RainmanRay auto repair, Name could be off? a few days ago and he was going over a Toyota minivan the the dealer had a sheet like that on, about $6K for stuff that did not need done, tires where one and that where almost new.
There was nothing that had to be done, if I remember
Guess some dealers must be in trouble ( I can see why), thou I am happy with mine .

My son started in the trade many yrs ago at a brake/ muffler shop.
he did not stay there long a he was expected to up sell stuff that was not needed .
He is teaching in the trade now.