Anyone got a part# for polyurethane front sway bar links for a 2/4 lowered truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2nd set of napa links has started to go to ****. Clunks all that good stuff. Anyone know what energy suspension part# line sup?

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Are you looking for the bushings or the sway bar end links? I replaced the rubber bushings on the bar end of the links with Energy 9.8105R poly bushings when I installed a Hellwig front sway bar. The bushings were a tight fit but I was able to barely get them over the end of the links.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I replaced the rubber bushings on the bar end of the links with Energy 9.8105R poly bushings when I installed a Hellwig front sway bar. The bushings were a tight fit but I was able to barely get them over the end of the links.

Isn't the Helwig bar a larger diameter than I factory sway bar?

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes, it is larger. The bar comes with poly bushings for the bar to chassis mounting points but you must reuse the end link bushings at the end of the bar.
FSB.png

Part #8 came with the bar. I replaced part #4 with the Energy Suspension poly parts.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Ahhhhh.... I misread the post...

Did you feel that the Helwig front bar made a noticeable improvement in handling over the factory bar?

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ahhhhh.... I misread the post...

Did you feel that the Helwig front bar made a noticeable improvement in handling over the factory bar?

I did the rear bar first and while it did make a difference, it wasn't huge. I then added the front bar. I feel like it made more of a difference that the rear bar did. With both Hellwig sway bars, the truck feels much more settled on the freeway and corners a lot flatter. The Hellwig front sway bar is an absolute unit. Its 1.5" in diameter and weighs about 35lbs

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced the end links, I'll go with energy bushings next time the rubber boots tear and leave the links.