Anyone Have These Fogs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wow that's crazy, they shipped mine the same day.

They took several days to ship mine (despite having promised me same day shipping via Chat) and then their local UPS hub shut down due to Covid panic on top of it. I was about 5 miniutes from canceling the order and calling my bank to contest the charge when they arrived. They did refund the extra I'd paid for 3 day shipping though.

-K

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I sent them an email and I haven't heard anything back...

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mine came in from Amazon but the driver side won't stay locked into it's tab in the bracket. The plastic is so thin it's not strong enough to hold the fog light in it. Thinking about returning. They are bright and look good but can't aim the driverside at all.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine came in from Amazon but the driver side won't stay locked into it's tab in the bracket. The plastic is so thin it's not strong enough to hold the fog light in it. Thinking about returning. They are bright and look good but can't aim the driverside at all.

Mine were a little loose too so I removed the bracket, then installed a small thin cable tie around the holes as shown in the pics below, then reinstalled the bracket. It tightened mine up and I haven’t had any issues. I figured I would try the same fix that’s used for the oem fog lights since these have the same bracket design. Might be worth a try for yours.

FAC372B1-7BED-4EB1-902A-FC72A4EFAD2E.jpeg

5AAAEC14-1D6F-4123-B026-647ACF147E5A.jpeg

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mine were a little loose too so I removed the bracket, then installed a small thin cable tie around the holes as shown in the pics below, then reinstalled the bracket. It tightened mine up and I haven’t had any issues. I figured I would try the same fix that’s used for the oem fog lights since these have the same bracket design. Might be worth a try for yours.

View attachment 217774

View attachment 217775

Yeah that looks like it would defiantly do it. The light output was much better than the morimoto's that's for sure. I'll think about purchasing them again. I went ahead and pulled them back off this morning and returned the set from Amazon. Going to see about maybe doing a drop in HID bulb and lower the fogs down.

Reactions: JB1

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Have any of you tried these, been looking at both styles, kind of like the drl on these, can use for turn signal if you wanted to. Reviews say they are super bright and might look good with the alpharex headlights I have. Also these are between $60 a set and $120 depending where you buy them.

Screenshot_2020-08-07-11-53-55-903_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
OK, got an email back from ESS K...the lights are a week out, and the reason why they are about a week out, is because of an update or redesign of the bracket that @JB1 showed us. So on the plus side that little issue will be addressed.

COOL

MudderRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have any of you tried these, been looking at both styles, kind of like the drl on these, can use for turn signal if you wanted to. Reviews say they are super bright and might look good with the alpharex headlights I have. Also these are between $60 a set and $120 depending where you buy them.

View attachment 217915
I just installed these! I'm my opinion, they look great. The light output is pretty good. I like the way the fog's DRL square up with headlight's DRLs. Installation took about 30 minutes. I had to connect the DRL wires from each fog together then I added another wire from there to the existing DRL tap on the fuse box (#66) where the ARex DRLs are connected.

I got them off Amazon.

Dodge Ram Truck LED Fog Light Assembly with Daytime Running Lights 2pcs for Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Driving Fog lamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0854FNVNN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6i9pFb63XMAVG
6936E78A-F37E-46CD-9437-9060859326AB.jpeg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Interesting. I got mine back in May (from the place in Canada) and they came with the setup below (with the metal washer riveted behind the plastic).

20200818-132515.jpg

-K

Reactions: JB1

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Interesting. I got mine back in May (from the place in Canada) and they came with the setup below (with the metal washer riveted behind the plastic).

20200818-132515.jpg

-K
I can shed some light on this. The fogs in my 2014 have a smaller hole that mounts in that bracket. Factory Fogs from a 2018 have a hole at least twice as large as my original 2014 brackets. What you pictured appears to be remedy for older trucks with loose fitment.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I can shed some light on this. The fogs in my 2014 have a smaller hole that mounts in that bracket. Factory Fogs from a 2018 have a hole at least twice as large as my original 2014 brackets. What you pictured appears to be remedy for older trucks with loose fitment.

Yeah, I had to drill out the oem brackets on my 2014 when I installed the Morimoto fogs as they were made to fit the 2015+ brackets, but the reason I posted the photo was that these new fogs came with the brackets and someone, maybe the place in CA rather than the manufacturer, already applied a fix for the looseness issue, where others purchased after that point did not have the fix. And now someone was told the manufacturer is doing some sort of redesign due to the loose fit issue.

-K

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You guys are a bad influence! The fog lights in my 2015 Express were fine and I was running Alla Lighting AL-R yellow LEDs. I was more than happy with their performance and looks.

But now I have new LED fog lights and yellow Lamin-x film coming from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0872R7S64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P2B8JY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like running the yellow fogs since they are a little more conspicuous and help prevent idiots from pulling out in front of me. Plus they look cool :happy160:

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So, my fog lights were delivered today. They made it through shipping without getting damaged however it appears that I was sent the lights with the old style bracket and not ones with the new updated bracket despite being labeled as such. I shot an email off to the seller (Z-OFFROAD). Hopefully they can figure this out and get me the correct lights.

20200831_124650.jpg
20200831_124715.jpg
20200831_124731.jpg

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So Z-OFFROAD responded to my query. This was their response:

"Hi Potatomafia, thank you for your message. This is Jessica from Z-OFFROAD. I could tell you that the light you received is New Stock after checking your pics. And now all the stock we sell in amazon is new stock with new bracket. A month ago, we got product feedback from some customers and noticed that a few models may get some issues when installing these lights. So we improved the tap part to make it tighter when installing the lights. (Check the attachment , please). There is no big difference between the new or old bracket besides the tap part.

Have you installed the light on your ram? and please feel free to contact us again if you need any installation when installing them.
I appreciate your time."

This is the pic she sent back:
Pic.png

I can't really tell what they changed, to be honest. The bracket fits OK I guess. It has a little slop in it but I think using the zip tie method earlier in this thread will eliminate the slop. I was hoping it would have the piece of metal riveted to the bracket like on @kad's lights.

I'm going to wait to install these until my Lamin-X film gets delivered. The film should be here by the 4th.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So Z-OFFROAD responded to my query. This was their response:

"Hi Potatomafia, thank you for your message. This is Jessica from Z-OFFROAD. I could tell you that the light you received is New Stock after checking your pics. And now all the stock we sell in amazon is new stock with new bracket. A month ago, we got product feedback from some customers and noticed that a few models may get some issues when installing these lights. So we improved the tap part to make it tighter when installing the lights. (Check the attachment , please). There is no big difference between the new or old bracket besides the tap part.

Have you installed the light on your ram? and please feel free to contact us again if you need any installation when installing them.
I appreciate your time."

This is the pic she sent back:
View attachment 220389

I can't really tell what they changed, to be honest. The bracket fits OK I guess. It has a little slop in it but I think using the zip tie method earlier in this thread will eliminate the slop. I was hoping it would have the piece of metal riveted to the bracket like on @kad's lights.

I'm going to wait to install these until my Lamin-X film gets delivered. The film should be here by the 4th.
If you ordered the pre-cut to fit pieces you may be disappointed in their coverage. I recommend getting a piece of Lamin-X large enough to cut your own.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
what's the verdict on these @MCMLXIX ?
not overly impressed but the look good... I had to adjust them all the way till the nut almost comes off the adjustment screw... they're a little loose...
Light output seems good if I could get it to go farther … may try and swap their bracket for the OE bracket...