Anyone Have These Fogs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I do like the looks of these, but I wish they came with yellow light color. Makes the output look more like a fog light to me.
The Lamin-X precut film for the factory fogs should fit these the same.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are in stock at ESS in Canada, I got free 3 day UPS shipping and no tax so the overall price is about the same, just sign up for emails and they’ll send you a coupon code

Last edited:

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I just purchased the TruLux version. Let you know when I get them

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Reactions: JB1

05dodgedaytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would I need to order these with the resistors for my 2014 since I don't have the AlphaOBD?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Would I need to order these with the resistors for my 2014 since I don't have the AlphaOBD?
Possibly not, it wasn't until the '15 model year that the CANbus really started to mess with the lighting.
You can use these: https://www.diodedynamics.com/canbus-anti-flicker-module-pair-connectors.html
They work on '15 for any LED or HID(up to 35 watt).
AlfaOBD does more that just make BCM configurations, it also has a lot of diagnostic and monitoring capabilities. It's worth the price of admission and has saved quite a few members a trip to the dealer.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered the pre-cut Lamin-X .. I feel its too small overall. Yes it's the correct size for the opening in the bumper, but it doesn't cover the entire lens.. I'll be looking for a piece large enough to cover the entire lens of the fog light and cove it before installing....

That's what I didn't like about the Lamin-X, it doesn't cover the whole fog light.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I ordered the pre-cut Lamin-X .. I feel its too small overall. Yes it's the correct size for the opening in the bumper, but it doesn't cover the entire lens.. I'll be looking for a piece large enough to cover the entire lens of the fog light and cove it before installing....
I know what you mean, but it's not really noticeable when installed because the film makes the reflector reflect yellow too.

If you install it wet, you can slide it around to it's preferred position.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One issue I see at least with the horizontals for 09-12, is that the aiming of the LEDs seems to be designed to reflect off the chassis around it, which it would do in chrome version, but would fail in the black version... hmm...

T2cseII.png

Cheapest I can find, Chrome and Black. Edit: Found them on Amazon.
I like these but can't find any info on light output for them
Edit: So I just noticed CarID says the horizontals are 36W whereas the vertical are 48W, however, ebay seller jetcolmotor shows both horizontal and vertical as having the same specs, so I don't know who is right, but I'm guessing the horizontals are 3x12W chips and the verticals are 4x12W with that extra bottom piece the horizontals don't have (lumen is likely theoretical based on chip rating rather than measured):

Specifications:
◆ Power: 36Watt
◆ Voltage: 9-32V DC
◆ LEDs: 3PCS 12Watt LED bulbs
◆ Lighting Source: LED Projector
◆ Brightness: 1440LM each light, 2880LM each pair
◆ Waterproof: IP67
◆ Lifespan: >5000hrs

Last edited: