Anyone Heard of the Inline 6 Turbo Going into the Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I still think they should match a supercharger to the 5.7 Hemi and call it good. Upgrade some internals if need be and let it do what it needs to do.

First car I got to drive was my Dad's 84 Saab 900 Turbo 3 door. 2.0L four banger with a Garret turbo. 173HP and 201ft/tq. in a 3k lbs car. Not bad for 1984...always let it warm up and then run to cool down before shutting it off.
As was mentioned with the Fords eco-boosts, a lot of the issues I've heard about were with their interceptor models. Turbos taking a dump and causing the problems.

The wife's Trax has a 1.4L turbo in it and it has no ass to get anywhere....she starts and goes, no warm up or cool down when she does anything. Trying to convince her to trade up to a better small SUV with AWD without a turbo motor.

Most of the I6's I remember that were pretty much bullet proof, were Chrysler slant 6, the Ford 300 I6 and the Chevy 250 I6 for gasoline engines, (high school, kids were left with farm trucks that didn't have the V8's and were grabbing 70's and 80's trucks)...

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Right put a supercharger on the 5.7 and be done, aleast make it a option for the Sport model.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I rebuilt and supercharged my last F150. It ran fast, but even with MASSIVE cooling mods added, I couldn't keep it cool enough when towing. And it was only a mild blower.

Last edited: