Anyone install a wireless charger for a cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I attempted to install one behind the phone holder in my '16 centre console. Turns out the little ribs in the phone holder are just think enough to not let the phone see the coils.

I had bought a charging stand with two charging coils, took it apart and mounted the coils behind the ribbed rubber mat that makes up the back of the phone holder. No luck. I have to try to find one that has a longer throw on the field.

I just thought it would be nice to have my phone charge while its in its spot in the truck.

I don't want to put one on the bottom of the large console bin as thats where my wallet resides, and wireless chargers can de magnetize cards etc.. and the bin under the radio / heat controls is where my sunglasses live.

Anyone else play around with this idea at all??

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Why didn't FCA do it that way in the first place?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a kit from Mopar that replaces the black rubber piece in the section below the switch bank.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a casemate wireless charger I use at work I've often thought how it would fit perfectly beneath the climate controls to have an on board wireless charger. I'm just too cheap at the moment and use my cable if needed.

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know the part number?

Here is one you can get from Crutchfield that is a specific fit for some models. This is the actual brand that Mopar uses. I don't know the actual Mopar part#.

Brandmotion FDMC-1260
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-pXkuH...UFs5QcHlJcR7nnVU0hwXS8urHThxecLhoCCuwQAvD_BwE

I've actually considered this one which is more universal. I have the pass through seats in the front that has the little sectioned storage tray in the center floor.
Pioneer SDA-WC01
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130SDAWC01/Pioneer-SDA-WC01.html

Mopar has/had another style that was a specific branded style called "dots charging" You had to have a special case for it to work. It also went in the center console just under the dash controls on certain higher end model Rams. This is the part# 82213216AB & 82213216. I believe it has been discontinued.

Last edited:

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here is one you can get from Crutchfield that is a specific fit for some models. This is the actual brand that Mopar uses. I don't know the actual Mopar part#.

Brandmotion FDMC-1260
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-pXkuH...UFs5QcHlJcR7nnVU0hwXS8urHThxecLhoCCuwQAvD_BwE

I've actually considered this one which is more universal. I have the pass through seats in the front that has the little sectioned storage tray in the center floor.
Pioneer SDA-WC01
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130SDAWC01/Pioneer-SDA-WC01.html

Mopar has/had another style that was a specific branded style called "dots charging" You had to have a special case for it to work. It also went in the center console just under the dash controls on certain higher end model Rams. This is the part# 82213216AB & 82213216. I believe it has been discontinued.

Perfect! Thank you

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I attempted to install one behind the phone holder in my '16 centre console. Turns out the little ribs in the phone holder are just think enough to not let the phone see the coils.

I had bought a charging stand with two charging coils, took it apart and mounted the coils behind the ribbed rubber mat that makes up the back of the phone holder. No luck. I have to try to find one that has a longer throw on the field.

I just thought it would be nice to have my phone charge while its in its spot in the truck.

I don't want to put one on the bottom of the large console bin as thats where my wallet resides, and wireless chargers can de magnetize cards etc.. and the bin under the radio / heat controls is where my sunglasses live.

Anyone else play around with this idea at all??
I actually had thoughts of trying exactly this but figured the ribs would make it not work. You could trying taking the ribs off or making them shorter but then the phone might not stay secure.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check the
Scosche CRQ01
MagicMount™ Qi wireless char

Only about $100 and fits in the same spot

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually had thoughts of trying exactly this but figured the ribs would make it not work. You could trying taking the ribs off or making them shorter but then the phone might not stay secure.
Ideally this is what you would have to do. But theres no way to cut the ribs down and make it still look factory.

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Same here, works greataa19ce7bbd2d26ace3caa3f3415b37ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Here's mine. I can fit the phone in the holder with the charging pad.

gsq9QGDh.png

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Here's mine. I can fit the phone in the holder with the charging pad.

gsq9QGDh.png
Would that still fit if turned sideways? Could it then charge two phones at once?

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
It would fit sideways but I don't know if it's capable of charging two phones at the same time. Pretty sure you could fit two of them vertically side by side though.