Anyone installed a electric brake controller for towing on their 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gawconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am really loving my new truck of three weeks. Towing was very low on the priority list when I bought it. It does have the class 4 hitch. Sooner or later I will need to tow an RV and will need electric brakes. Anyone had experience with adding one on after market? Thanks!
I have a 2017 express, i added my own controller(oem) from amazon , also got the switch thats oem too, very easy to install but need to turn function on the bcm, either tru dealer or with an. Alphaobd.

Panduh

Reaction score
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am really loving my new truck of three weeks. Towing was very low on the priority list when I bought it. It does have the class 4 hitch. Sooner or later I will need to tow an RV and will need electric brakes. Anyone had experience with adding one on after market? Thanks!
The PO put a Prodigy P2 controller in mine and it works very well.

Mudders Beast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the OEM one added to my used 2017 Laramie as part of the RAM dealership purchase deal. Really like the integration into to dash and display. No issues and pleased with it.

RUTROE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up an OEM from eBay as well and got OBDII and downloaded alphaOBD onto my tablet. There are plenty of how-to YouTube videos on the subject and I have used it for other upgrades too. Worth the time to learn it. My total cost was approximately $300.00.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I also bought the OEM unit from eBay snd installed it myself. Using AlfaOCB It took me about half a day, but I was 69 at the time.

Bob1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a new unit from a dealership a couple of states away. $300
Local did not have one but quoted $170 to install.
Been at a body shop getting hail damage uninstalled so I have not gotten around to
putting it in yet. Looks simple enough though.