anyone near the Houston Tx area. need recommendations.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
feel free to inbox me if needed, i don't mind talking on the phone if necessary. anyway my dad is looking for a place to get his 2016 ram 2500 cummins worked on to remove some pesky things. we live in the beaumont area but Houston is the closest area that might have a shop like we are looking for. me personally i have found this to be an easier nightmare on my 2014 Freightliner Cascadia. Ram is kind of a pain in the ass on this one.

side note, would be nice if they could remove the downstream O2s and TPMS on my 08 1500 v6 as well.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I can't help you with that but I'm in Mont Belvieu RV Park right now just up the road from Houston Raceway Park. I'm flying back to Pittsburgh tomorrow but thought it was interesting that you are right up the road. My son will be here for about 6 or 7 months working.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
If by pesky things, you mean some exhaust parts..... It is not that hard to do yourself especially if you have a lift. Did mine myself without a lift and/or another person helping you. Hardest part was holding the downpipe steady while tightening the clamp around it and the turbo. It should be a lot easier with two people.

Words of advice. Load the tune and drive it around before you remove these pesky exhaust parts. You can drive around for bout 50 miles before the DPF starts getting clogged, but all you need is just a few miles to make sure there are no check engine lights and the tune is correct. Another piece of advice is to tape of all the sensor connectors so they don't get eroded by road salts and such. Lastly, if you are putting a 5 inch exhaust on, it will be easier to put the jack on the frame so you can make the rear axle drop. It is a PITA to get it over the back axle otherwise.