Anyone from Houston area? Need info as I plan on moving there

Discussion in 'Regional' started by Chief_6.7, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Chief_6.7

Chief_6.7 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    So later 2019 year I plan to make a move to the Houston area. I am looking for information on everything from housing , realtors if you know a good one, good area to raise a family with good schools and nice homes, property tax information if your familiar with that. I know for sure my family and I do not want to be in south Houston mainly due to inclement weather situations when and if it comes. ( not even sure if this is something to be concerned about but I think of hurricane Harvey when I think of Houston area). We don’t mind living outside area like spring, Conroe, Huntsville but what do you all recommend? Thank you in advance for all the info

2. 8732cuts

8732cuts Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Htown right here. Spring is good, Cypress great with better traffic. You should see what side of town your working in cause traffic is a nightmare in this city. Great realtor right here he help me out.

Anthony Breaux
    Keller Williams Realty Memorial

Phone: (713) 894-4477
    Fax: (888) 736-0188
    Email: [email protected]
    HAR Web site: http://www.anthonyb.net

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chief_6.7 likes this.
  3. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Matt(Moe's Performance) lives in Conroe. He may be able to give you some information about the Conroe area and some of the other small towns north of Houston itself. There is always a nice little community called "Cut and Shoot" just north of Houston---LOL
    Jay

4. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I live in NW Houston cypress area, we didn't flood during Harvey. My wife is a realtor and can help you with anything you need. We have both lived here all our lives and know this area very well.

Chief_6.7 likes this.
  5. boxofrokx

boxofrokx Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have lived in Cypress my hole life. Born in Tomball.

Schools - there are many fine school districts. Cy-Fair, Klien, Conroe, Humble, Perland, Clear Lake, Alvin, Fort Bend, Katy (and problem some I've missed) are all good to go.

Taxes - Property taxes are high, State wide. A $400k house will run you in the $10k range. The good thing is $400k will by A LOT of house.

Harvey Floods - That was an extraordinary event. If a house didn't flood in it, it likely never will.

Huntsville is fine if you work there. I do some work for the city and it is a hour and a half drive each way. Conroe is good if you work there or Woodlands. If you are working in Houston, think Cypress or Perland. Both are at the beltway and the freeways are being redone now.

Chief_6.7 likes this.