Anyone from Houston area? Need info as I plan on moving there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So later 2019 year I plan to make a move to the Houston area. I am looking for information on everything from housing , realtors if you know a good one, good area to raise a family with good schools and nice homes, property tax information if your familiar with that. I know for sure my family and I do not want to be in south Houston mainly due to inclement weather situations when and if it comes. ( not even sure if this is something to be concerned about but I think of hurricane Harvey when I think of Houston area). We don’t mind living outside area like spring, Conroe, Huntsville but what do you all recommend? Thank you in advance for all the info

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Htown right here. Spring is good, Cypress great with better traffic. You should see what side of town your working in cause traffic is a nightmare in this city. Great realtor right here he help me out.

Anthony Breaux
Keller Williams Realty Memorial

Phone: (713) 894-4477
Fax: (888) 736-0188
Email: [email protected]
HAR Web site: http://www.anthonyb.net

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Matt(Moe's Performance) lives in Conroe. He may be able to give you some information about the Conroe area and some of the other small towns north of Houston itself. There is always a nice little community called "Cut and Shoot" just north of Houston---LOL
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in NW Houston cypress area, we didn't flood during Harvey. My wife is a realtor and can help you with anything you need. We have both lived here all our lives and know this area very well.

boxofrokx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have lived in Cypress my hole life. Born in Tomball.

Schools - there are many fine school districts. Cy-Fair, Klien, Conroe, Humble, Perland, Clear Lake, Alvin, Fort Bend, Katy (and problem some I've missed) are all good to go.

Taxes - Property taxes are high, State wide. A $400k house will run you in the $10k range. The good thing is $400k will by A LOT of house.

Harvey Floods - That was an extraordinary event. If a house didn't flood in it, it likely never will.

Huntsville is fine if you work there. I do some work for the city and it is a hour and a half drive each way. Conroe is good if you work there or Woodlands. If you are working in Houston, think Cypress or Perland. Both are at the beltway and the freeways are being redone now.

OP
OP
Chief_6.7

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Guys I appreciate all the info..... it looks like my move is gonna come sooner rather then later. I still plan on going the north Houston way.... spring, Conroe or other north Houston areas that I may like. But after consideration I would like to rent a house first in a nice and safe neighborhood. I would need a minimum of 3 bedrooms 4 would be perfect.

Do you all know of any I can start looking at? Or know of someone or some places I can start looking?

Thanks again

OP
OP
Chief_6.7

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'd contact JB1"s wife and she if she can help you out. He said she was a realtor.
Jay
Sorry for the dumb question but would a realtor also deal with a rental house????

OP
OP
Chief_6.7

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I live in NW Houston cypress area, we didn't flood during Harvey. My wife is a realtor and can help you with anything you need. We have both lived here all our lives and know this area very well.
Bump for an answer to my question above.... thanks

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My step daughter does in Austin. I guess it all depends on the Realty company and how their set up.
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the dumb question but would a realtor also deal with a rental house????

Yes sir, she does leases on houses, apartments, townhomes or anything and best of all it's free for you. Go back to that conversation we had last month, all her contact info is in there.

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in the S.W. outside of Houston. We never flood ever. Harvey didnt affect us at all. If you live near the river then it will. Any river in Houston will flood the surrounding area here. Houston and north flood the worse. I've lived here for 50 years. Beach isnt far, lots of things to do. Lakes all over this state. Lots of historic places to visit. Plenty of Mexican and bbq places to eat. The Texans suck but the Astros and Rockets are good. Even the soccer team is good I hear. Dont move to FortBend county. Very high taxes. Katy is good. As long as it isnt in Fort Bend. If you need a realtor my wife works in relocation and can find one. It's very congested up North. Way to many people for my liking.

DJ_M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Conroe here! Have you made your move yet? You definitely need to hop on the Texas Ram Club - Houston Chapter page!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
if working near west side Katy/Cinco Ranch is real good place to live. some of the best houston area schools. south side Clear Lake area good

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know this is an older thread but look at the Barbers Hill schools in Chambers County. Also, check out HAR.com. Thats the best real estate site by far.

OP
OP
Chief_6.7

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well just to update everybody I did move to the Houston area, Rosenberg area to be exact. I had to move without the Ram. :( that truck will be missed but I’ll get another one some day

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well just to update everybody I did move to the Houston area, Rosenberg area to be exact. I had to move without the Ram. :( that truck will be missed but I’ll get another one some day
I live real close to the Rosenberg area. Striaght down 36. Nice.