Anyone running GTR Ultra LEDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Greetings all, I’ve been running Putco Nitro Lux Pro LEDs on my 17 Ram Projectors but not impressed with the light output. Just ordered GTR Ultra series based on the high recommendations from Headlight revolution.

Anyone have any experience with these?

unctucker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've run leds in my 2015 limited and went to hid. Hid is so much better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks, I just switched to HID as well. Hope to see a nice difference

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put a set in my AlphaRex Pro Series G2 and loving them. One of the reasons I went with them was I found a few reviews that gave the Kalvin number and these were are just below 5500. one of the lower values for LED. I find 5000 to be the closest to true white with less blue/purple. Most are at 6000+.

They fit on the tight space of the low beam and will easily fit in the high beam.

One thing I have found interesting is Headlight revolution and The Retrofit Source are in bed together, I have read other users thing GTR Lighting and Headlight revolution are in bed together. Well when I got my tracking number for the GTR Ultra 2 Series bulbs they are shipped from RetroFit Source. So RetroFit source apparently makes them.

I always knew that the Morimoto 2 Stroke LED bulb was the design that GTR copied, at least the cooling side. GTR was careful not to call there fan Mag Lev (like Morimoto) but to say bearing less instead. Now I know why.

difference between Morimoto 2 Stroke and GTR Ultra 2 not much from what I can see other than the supplier of the LED chip is a company that got sued for copyright infringment by Philips. As well as the GTR comes with lifetime warranty.

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
I have GTR Ultra 2 LED in the projector and moved my HID 35W Morimoto to the fog lights. They work well. I didn't care for the projection of the HID in the projectors and couldn't adjust them. With the Ultra 2 being 360 adjustable, I was able to get the best cut-off and beam pattern locked in.

With my hood being so high, I can't even see the void space in front of the vehicle, just the flood of light where they merge. This is both brand being properly adjusted (headlights 2" drop @ 25' and fog lights 4" drop @ 25').

IMG_20200508_231959.jpg

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing I am noticing with living the with GTR Ultra 2 LEDs in the low beam. Still a bit too much blue in them as it reflects back HARD from white street lights. Which causes eye strain.

BUT they are bright as hell.