Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lol I don’t even want to look at the Gen 2 cause that might make me wanna get them [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, don't do it...I've been struggling all day.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Already did. Those are perfection to say the least. **** **** ****.

Depends on your truck IMHO.

I prefer my aftermarket stuff look more OEM, so things like smoked lenses arent my cup of tea.

If I had a sport front end (white bumper, white grill, etc) I think the smoked looks OK. But big horn front end (white truck, chrome everything) not so much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my Gen2 installed with the conversion cable for my factory projectors. My question is do I need Alfa to run LED or HID or are they just drop in? And what's the high beam bulb type? I've seen H1 and H7 listed for them.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my Gen2 installed with the conversion cable for my factory projectors. My question is do I need Alfa to run LED or HID or are they just drop in? And what's the high beam bulb type? I've seen H1 and H7 listed for them.

I can only personally say the Gen 1 was H7 low and H1 high. Mine had a very slight flicker with the led. And I had a bulb out message only a handful of times after switching it to LED with Alfa haven’t had a flicker or bulb out message.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought even Gen 1 were using H7 in both, no?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Need to clarify which style lights we’re talking about. The 2019 style use h7s on both. The 4th gen projector style use h1 and h7.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Need to clarify which style lights we’re talking about. The 2019 style use h7s on both. The 4th gen projector style use h1 and h7.

Definitely. Although this thread primarily is about the 2019 style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

2019 style h7 in both. You should be fine with your turns because your truck came with projectors. Running led's in lows is kinda hit or miss. In my 18 I'm running Hikari led's without changing the setting for lows and don't have any issues. If you are going to run hid's you'll have to set it to hid's with alphaobd.

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok another question someone mentioned using 9005 in these, is that true? I haven't found the base comparison between them. Only issue I have found is I might have a DOA bulb in one of my high beams, and this might be causing a hyper flash without actually giving me a bulb out warning. Or at least I hope that's whats going on.

I'll have Hikari LEDs and a tap to finish wiring the DRLs tomorrow.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I understand you're supposed to jam a philips head into this port to adjust these headlights up and down (no other adjustment I guess), and it rotates these little teeth? I may have to buy a different screw driver as none of mine seem either long enough or the right size. Anyone able to confirm before I go shopping?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I understand you're supposed to jam a philips head into this port to adjust these headlights up and down (no other adjustment I guess), and it rotates these little teeth? I may have to buy a different screw driver as none of mine seem either long enough or the right size. Anyone able to confirm before I go shopping?

On the stock housings the adjustment uses a T20. I don't know if they retained the same for these aftermarket ones but that could explain why none of the Philips heads work...

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the stock housings the adjustment uses a T20.
Oh I see, that makes sense. But what I'm looking at through that hole, those little jagged teeth protruding to the left, those are the teeth that are supposed to be engaged when putting an appropriately sized tool in there, right? If so, I find it weird that it doesn't have a proper socket to engage into.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh I see, that makes sense. But what I'm looking at through that hole, those little jagged teeth protruding to the left, those are the teeth that are supposed to be engaged when putting an appropriately sized tool in there, right? If so, I find it weird that it doesn't have a proper socket to engage into.
Many of them do use Philips heads and move so slowly it is difficult to determine they are engaged.

To answer your question directly, yes, if their are teeth it likely uses a Philips head to grab the teeth. My wife's car is like this and it probably takes 20+ revolutions to see a noticeable adjustment.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok another question someone mentioned using 9005 in these, is that true? I haven't found the base comparison between them. Only issue I have found is I might have a DOA bulb in one of my high beams, and this might be causing a hyper flash without actually giving me a bulb out warning. Or at least I hope that's whats going on.

I'll have Hikari LEDs and a tap to finish wiring the DRLs tomorrow.

I had mentioned that. I haven't had time to see if I can get the locking tab off the h7s I have and put them on a set of 9005 led's and get everything to work. I also have a h7 to 9005 adapter.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Short answer, yes. Phillips #2, long shaft.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed pics...aa55aa86f1c374e04f289c8292427e28.jpg4d97ac86ca30c3d72759a74f559c1711.jpg

Could these be used to convert a previously purchased (base that fits stock quads) Hikari LED into one that will fit my ModifyStreet "19-style" projectors?