Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yea well they stopped working about 1 minute into driving. It’s cool though because my MX OBD Bluetooth device will be here in like 10 minutes, i was lucky enough that when I ordered it this morning it was same day delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take your time with the AlfaOBD tool. It is VERY powerful...but also very easy to use once you do it once.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Take your time with the AlfaOBD tool. It is VERY powerful...but also very easy to use once you do it once.

Yea I’m a little bit nervous about using it. What’s the worst that can happen if I did something wrong?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I’m a little bit nervous about using it. What’s the worst that can happen if I did something wrong?

You have to take your truck to the dealer and get it flash back to stock

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Make sure you read the first few post on the Alfa thread backing up your stock config is very key so if you mess something up you can’t go back and compare and put stuff back to stock

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You have to take your truck to the dealer and get it flash back to stock

Is there anything that could happen that would make the truck undriveable to the dealership?

curleyryan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone put these in from factory projectors and gotten a continuous front turn signal out message? I have AlfaOBD but don’t know what setting I’m missing since the OEM projectors have Led turn signals themselves.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there anything that could happen that would make the truck undriveable to the dealership?

Yeah having to get it flashed. Do not change your vehicle make or model or year can make that happen really quick.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone put these in from factory projectors and gotten a continuous front turn signal out message? I have AlfaOBD but don’t know what setting I’m missing since the OEM projectors have Led turn signals themselves.

Did you enable HID?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Make sure you read the first few post on the Alfa thread backing up your stock config is very key so if you mess something up you can’t go back and compare and put stuff back to stock

Ok thanks. I believe there is a step by step guide posted a few posts above by 1500ram12 to do that.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@curleyryan1

See below

When you get the mx, download the app that comes with it and update the mx

Then in alphaobd

Start by selecting

Dodge/Ram
Body Computer
Central Gateway Module
Connect
Battery icon
Read system id
Tools icon top right
Upload to Google drive
Upload faults and status log
BODY_CHRYSLER_INFO
Bottom right Car with hood open
Select procedure to start
Car configuration
Reconfigurable parameters hid enable
Select value >>set
Start

eff570d225d28db94e0d3813f0e1e28c.jpg

eda89e1e793b5e36f0d8d11c874ab152.jpg

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah having to get it flashed. Do not change your vehicle make or model or year can make that happen really quick.

Oh damn... ok thanks. I’ll start reading over the alphaobd thread right now and familiarize myself with the do’s and donts

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok thanks. I believe there is a step by step guide posted a few posts above by 1500ram12 to do that.

The log file you send through Google drive is your truck's bcm settings. It's good practice to send a log after each change, it's a little bit of a pain but at least you'll have a record of each change and if something does go wrong you'll be able to figure it out

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I did not, that will fix the turn signal out notification?

How long have you had them in? It may take a couple key cycles for the truck to recognize them. Also try using your 4 ways

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

If you follow what Lawsuit and 1500 said, you'll be good to go. I'm not trying to scare you, just letting you know not to go switching things on a whim.

1500s instructions are accurate, make sure the key is set to "run" but do not have the engine running when making the changes with AlfaOBD.

curleyryan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long have you had them in? It may take a couple key cycles for the truck to recognize them. Also try using your 4 ways

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

I just put them in yesterday. I had them in my old truck with reflectors before but changed the setting in alfaobd and didn’t have any issues. The signals are working fine it’s just throwing a code and turning the signals into Hyperflash

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you follow what Lawsuit and 1500 said, you'll be good to go. I'm not trying to scare you, just letting you know not to go switching things on a whim.

1500s instructions are accurate, make sure the key is set to "run" but do not have the engine running when making the changes with AlfaOBD.

Yea I actually read a headlight thread like 2 days ago and the guy opened a section of alphaobd that has to do with the door modules and it made his truck go crazy and he swore he didn’t change anything and it turned out he accidentally did or something and he figured it out with his log, he turned whatever it was back off and it took a few hours and key cycles for it to fix itself, but I did learn that you definitely don’t want to just go around switching shut without reading up on it first.

Thanks for all the help guys. I got my MX obd and now I’m just waiting to see my gf tomorrow to pick up my Fire tablet because I got them shipped to her and she has been in Arizona for like the last 10 days lol so I am going to wait to use alpha until I have the tablet in my hands because my phone is an iPhone and I have an old galaxy but my plan was to use the Fire 8” in my truck anyways so I’d rather wait and just use that.

I think I read somewhere that when you use alphaobd with an android device that THAT specific device is synced to your specific truck. And you shouldn’t use a different device while having the original device still synced. Is this true?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I think I read somewhere that when you use alphaobd with an android device that THAT specific device is synced to your specific truck. And you shouldn’t use a different device while having the original device still synced. Is this true?

No that isn't true. You can use it on as many vehicles as you want and download alphaobd on as many android devices as you want that have your Google play account on. I currently have alphaobd on a fire 7 tablet and a old galaxy note 5 that I had laying around. I really hope Alexey can get approved through apple, if he's even still trying.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No that isn't true. You can use it on as many vehicles as you want and download alphaobd on as many android devices as you want that have your Google play account on. I currently have alphaobd on a fire 7 tablet and a old galaxy note 5 that I had laying around. I really hope Alexey can get approved through apple, if he's even still trying.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman
This...it's a very good value with minimal restrictions on its license.