Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was playing with voltage in AlfaODB but no luck to get ride of the parking like out issue.

I see a disable DTC available for front parking lamps:

"2014 CBC I/O & Feat - Front Park Lamps Open Circuit DTC Enable"

17Dually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I see a disable DTC available for front parking lamps:

"2014 CBC I/O & Feat - Front Park Lamps Open Circuit DTC Enable"
Been there & it's disabled (No) - which didn't fix my problem.

Last edited:

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been there & it's disabled (No) - which didn't fix my problem.

I tried that as well it did nothing. Did some searches and found that per 2015 you can do that but post 2014 you can not.... dot safety regulations

Stu4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"If you do not wish to install the harness, the only function you will be missing is to have the DRL run at high intensity while your headlights are set in the off position and the engine/ignition is on. If your vehicle’s lighting is set to the automatic setting, all functions will work as normal."

It says for most vehicles..

So just double checking.. Since I am always set to automatic lights, I can omit the drl harness?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
"If you do not wish to install the harness, the only function you will be missing is to have the DRL run at high intensity while your headlights are set in the off position and the engine/ignition is on. If your vehicle’s lighting is set to the automatic setting, all functions will work as normal."

It says for most vehicles..

So just double checking.. Since I am always set to automatic lights, I can omit the drl harness?

I think what they mean is when your lights are on whether you are using the automatic setting or manually turn them on the parking lights/drl strip will function normally. If you don't want the drl feature then you don't have to install the harness. The harness has 5 connections. 2- headlights, 1-ground 1- +battery and 1- 12v keyed on fuse tap

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sorry to beat a beaten horse here, but just found the forum and in the process of upgrading my headlights on my 2014 Ram and have some questions.

I have ordered soem AlphaRex headlights to put in the truck as a plug-n-ply and will be adding the DRL wiring since my truck didn't come with DRL's.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJJ55D...olid=3U4SWHE015YGY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

But, my question is, I would like to add LED bulbs to the housings for the low and high beams. They are listed as H7 bulbs. Has anyone had experience with the Hikari LED bulbs? Will they be direct plug-n-play or will I have to do wiring and add resistors or otherwise?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XP1GG1...BXyV6YR-CtQNJGPYAa4hcg4HfsID5ZIsO6RD056JAaxSM
You can use AlfaOBD to enable the HID lighting (to disable the PWM) and set the headlights, marker and turn signals to LED to negate having to use resistors/error cancellers.

Stu4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think what they mean is when your lights are on whether you are using the automatic setting or manually turn them on the parking lights/drl strip will function normally. If you don't want the drl feature then you don't have to install the harness. The harness has 5 connections. 2- headlights, 1-ground 1- +battery and 1- 12v keyed on fuse tap

Thanks, I kinda thought that but wanted to make sure.

One more question.. What's the easiest way to aim these? The stock lights have a screw you can reach from above when installed,these don't have that option.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

One more question.. What's the easiest way to aim these? The stock lights have a screw you can reach from above when installed,these don't have that option.

They have a gear, but if you use a Phillips screwdriver through the stock access hole, you can move the gear by turning the screwdriver, once you have the teeth of the Phillips engaged in the teeth of the gear.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

As chrisbh17 said. I found that a number 3 Phillips works best but a number 2 (standard size) works also

Stu4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have a gear, but if you use a Phillips screwdriver through the stock access hole, you can move the gear by turning the screwdriver, once you have the teeth of the Phillips engaged in the teeth of the gear.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I remember vaguely a forum member, @Austen (?), Who was fiddling with the voltage settings going to lights. I don't know if there are any settings for parking/turn signal voltages but maybe that could help if there are?

I believe he successfully altered the headlight voltage over the factory wiring, but I don't remember the outcome. It's easy to lose things in the AlfaOBD thread...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I initially cranked the voltage to 15V for my high & low beams as well as my turn signals BUT, I still had 'flickering' when my DRL were on due to the DRL default voltage being around 7.4V or so. So I enabled high intensity discharge lamps which brought the DRL voltage up and put the high & low beams as well as the turn signals voltages up to whatever that setting was set at from the factory with HIDs present. With HIDS present enabled it will not allow you to adjust the individual voltages which I would say is a good thing. It's a factory setting designed for LEDs or HIDs. I wish my DRL were not so bright but I would rather them not flicker and be at a pre-determined voltage. I know I said a lot and hopefully it makes sense but also I hope that it might help someone else out. What fixed my parking light out issue was enabling the two settings below.

CBC Features-LED Front Turn Lamps Present

AND

CBC Features-LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
Couple questions, I just got my gen 2 housings last night.

When switching out to LED is the black wire on the bulb wire + or - ?

How do I know if I got the conversion cable for original projector set up prior to beginning the removal of existing lights?

I ask because I got 2 harnesses and DRL wiring but don’t see extra conversion harnesses.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Couple questions, I just got my gen 2 housings last night.

When switching out to LED is the black wire on the bulb wire + or - ?

How do I know if I got the conversion cable for original projector set up prior to beginning the removal of existing lights?

I ask because I got 2 harnesses and DRL wiring but don’t see extra conversion harnesses.
Can you take a pic of what you have. I believe blue is but I think the bulb connectors have a + - on them

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
Can you take a pic of what you have. I believe blue is but I think the bulb connectors have a + - on them

I can take a pic tonight but each housing wire had black and another color. Black/blue, black/white, etc
The led bulbs are marked + - but housing plug is not.

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
Modify street got back with me. They said black is always - for their headlights.

Ben1551

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had no issues with the Gen 1 on my 17 but the Gen 2 will not get rid of the parking lamp out message
I was getting the same message, put a load resistor on the parking light wire, since I did this I have had no messages

17Dually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Austen:

"What fixed my parking light out issue was enabling the two settings below.
CBC Features-LED Front Turn Lamps Present
AND
CBC Features-LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present"

FWIW my parking light / side marker are set that way - but still get the parking light out fault code. A resistor will stop the code but -

One other question - I noted that the parking light / side marker on my AlphaRex headlights are noticeably brighter than the parking light / side marker on my stock projector headlights. Since you were changing light voltage did you change it on your parking light side marker? If so what did you notice?

Last edited: