Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a bad price. I was right around $120 for the morimoto set up

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
I bought them from a different website that had a sale running. $72 for the hylux ballst ($90 on TRS) and $32ish for the xb bulbs ($40 on TRS).

I tried contacting TRS since last week with no reply to my email and no answering of the phone after 4 calls and 20 minutes on hold. I emailed the other vendor and within about 30 seconds I had a reply. A few minutes later I ordered, and within the hour I got the tracking number.

im not sure how rules are around here about mentioning non site vendors goes, so I don’t know if I can mention them. They’re in Oakland, NJ and so far customer service is top notch.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I bought them from a different website that had a sale running. $72 for the hylux ballst ($90 on TRS) and $32ish for the xb bulbs ($40 on TRS).

I tried contacting TRS since last week with no reply to my email and no answering of the phone after 4 calls and 20 minutes on hold. I emailed the other vendor and within about 30 seconds I had a reply. A few minutes later I ordered, and within the hour I got the tracking number.

im not sure how rules are around here about mentioning non site vendors goes, so I don’t know if I can mention them. They’re in Oakland, NJ and so far customer service is top notch.

Same place I ordered everything from. Mentioning non vendors is fine. Only time it becomes a issue is if they try and sell products. Lightwerkz

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same place I ordered everything from. Mentioning non vendors is fine. Only time it becomes a issue is if they try and sell products. Lightwerkz

good to know.

so far, Lightwerkz service is fantastic. We’ll see after sale/receipt if needed, but I have no doubts based on reviews I read.

2010_Laramie_4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 RAM 2500 QCLB Sport 4x4
Engine
Cummins
I just bought a set of aftermarket projector headlights, and I need to how to wire up the plugin circled in Red which must the LED turn signal and marker lights , when it doesn’t look like my OEM factory turn signal marker light plugin.

I have my headlights out right now trying to figure out that part of the wiring.

s-l1600_2.png

These are the headlights that I bought. My Laramie came with OEM quad headlights and have DRL lights that I disabled, so I'm assuming that I don't need to install the aftermarket DRL module and harness?

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600_4.png

I'd like to get the marker/turn signal wires wired up tonight as I have the headlights out, and I need to drive my pickup to work in the morning.

Thanks!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just bought a set of aftermarket projector headlights, and I need to how to wire up the plugin circled in Red which must the LED turn signal and marker lights , when it doesn’t look like my OEM factory turn signal marker light plugin.

I have my headlights out right now trying to figure out that part of the wiring.

Your pic did post

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It should be there now.

The Grey turn/park signal socket stays on the truck. Remove the orange bulb and plug the end coming out of the new lights into that, then insert the socket like it was in your factory headlights. The drls, on the harness the red wire with the c clip shaped end goes to + on the batter and the black goes to ground. The Grey wire goes to the fuse box and uses a keyed on fuse (alpharex.com will have what fuse they recommend) then the other 2 red wires go to the red wire coming out of the headlight

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those are the alpharex headlights, or so it seems.
Remove the bulb socket from your oem quads (assuming you didn’t have projectors). Plug that blade plug into the socket where the bulb goes, then insert and twist/lock into the housing in that location. Plug your turn signal harness (OeM truck harness) into the socket.
As for the DRL, that is up to you if you want it. If you do, it’s super easy to hook up. Red wire with small connector on harness goes to red wire coming out of harness. Red wire with plug ring connector goes to positive battery, black wire with split ring connector goes to negative battery, grey wire goes to accessory power fuse in engine bay fuse panel (I used F66 that is for passenger window switch).

2010_Laramie_4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 RAM 2500 QCLB Sport 4x4
Engine
Cummins
I figured it out....haha. I had to remove the factory turn signal marker light bulb socket to plug the aftermarket turn signal/marker light plugin into it.

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My HID showed up today. I had about 1.5 hours before we were leaving and figured I’d throw them in (got pretty good at getting the headlights in/out, I can change bulbs in a few minutes). Got the drivers side out, swapped in the bulb, drilled the dust cover, mounted the ballast, plugged everything in aaaaaaaaaand no light. Unplugged everything replugged everything, no light. Decided to check one of the innovated ballast, aaaaaaand no light. Tried the other hylux ballast, nothing. Disconnected the bulb, plugged the innovated bulb in to the hylux ballast and it fired immediately. I was getting frustrated as hell at this point because I’m now 45 minutes into a 10 minute job and running out of time. Plug the Morimoto bulb back in and nothing. I was ready to break something at this point as At this point, I had about 10 minutes before we needed to leave and one headlight all jacked up and can’t drive my truck.

Out of curiosity, I flipped the plug inside the housing and it fired right up. So, my frustration and question now is, what moron makes a silver wire the negative and black wire a friggin positive??? In order for the bulb to fire, the silver wire on the bulb had to go to negative and the black wire to the positive side of the headlight housing plug. Luckily nothing got fried in the multiple times I tried to fire it with the wires reversed. To say I’m a touch aggravated is an understatement.

Now I can’t drive my truck tonight, and since we won’t be getting home
Till probably 10:30-11:00, I won’t be able to get it all finished till sometime tomorrow. And I need to shim the bulb because the hotspot is a little wonky.

Here’s hoping for a better review once I get them both in.

Last edited:

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
My HID showed up today. I had about 1.5 hours before we were leaving and figured I’d throw them in (got pretty good at getting the headlights in/out, I can change bulbs in a few minutes). Got the drivers side out, swapped in the bulb, drilled the dust cover, mounted the ballast, plugged everything in aaaaaaaaaand no light. Unplugged everything replugged everything, no light. Decided to check one of the innovated ballast, aaaaaaand no light. Tried the other hylux ballast, nothing. Disconnected the bulb, plugged the innovated bulb in to the hylux ballast and it fired immediately. I was getting frustrated as hell at this point because I’m now 45 minutes into a 10 minute job and running out of time. Plug the Morimoto bulb back in and nothing. I was ready to break something at this point as At this point, I had about 10 minutes before we needed to leave and one headlight all jacked up and can’t drive my truck.

Out of curiosity, I flipped the plug inside the housing and it fired right up. So, my frustration and question now is, what moron makes a silver wire the negative and black wire a friggin positive??? In order for the bulb to fire, the silver wire on the bulb had to go to negative and the black wire to the positive side of the headlight housing plug. Luckily nothing got fried in the multiple times I tried to fire it with the wires reversed. To say I’m a touch aggravated is an understatement.

Till probably 10:30-11:00, I won’t be able to get it all finished till sometime tomorrow. And I need to shim the bulb because the hotspot is a little wonky.

First mistake is letting the universe know you intended to finish in 10 mins. Lol. Post photos when done.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Yeah I had the same issue with the morimoto hid's bulbs. Ass backwards. Atleast with the h1 style bulbs I had to cut the morimoto ends off and use some spade connectors I had because the morimoto one's wouldn't fit tight in the alpharex connector

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I had the same issue with the morimoto hid's bulbs. Ass backwards. Atleast with the h1 style bulbs I had to cut the morimoto ends off and use some spade connectors I had because the morimoto one's wouldn't fit tight in the alpharex connector

Wow, that’s a bit ridiculous. The Morimoto connectors fit in the H7, but they’re not particularly tight. I’m thinking about
Taping them together just for a little insurance. They’re definitely brighter than the katana led. I moved the housing around and shined it over the katana output on my garage wall and the katana disappeared completely, lol.

I’ll definitely post some pics when done. I took an output shot on a dark road by my house with the katana the other day. I’ll do the same work these when I get them in.

Just ordered some 5000k vled fog light bulbs to replace my Morimoto LED Fogs as well. The Morimoto fogs look nice looking at the truck, but the output is pathetic. they should get here tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll have it all done and can get a pic for comparison Monday on the way in to work.

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
can't we all just get along? ...lol

who's going to be the first to pull the trigger and buy them so the rest of us can be jealous [emoji50]
Won’t be me! I’d probably have to buy a new couch to sleep on, in a new apartment, if a different set of headlights showed up at the house, lol

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Won’t be me! I’d probably have to buy a new couch to sleep on, in a new apartment, if a different set of headlights showed up at the house, lol
Mine lets me get things if I sell other things first...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk