Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Is this all I need for the full swap ?

-- Modify Street 2019 Dual Projector Headlights
-- 2 Pair of the Hikari Ultra LED H7 bulbs

Do I need 2 pair of the Hikari LED Conversion Canbus Anti Flickering Resister Decoder H7 harness?

Do I need the AlfaOBD adapter/software?

Mine is 2010 Sport with oem quads no DRL
Well, on my 2013 Outdoorsman, I put in led katana h7, led Oedro 9006 fogs, cheap canbus ready license plate and turn signal leds and I had zero error codes come up and no flickering. Only code that I have is from the led turn signal board on the headlights. Being a 2010, you may be fine without the resistor. All my lights said canbus ready.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone gotten a set of the gen 2 lights yet?

It doesnt look like they plan on making any of the other finishes (chrome, specifically) and Im not sure how good the blacked/smoked look will look on my white Big Horn with all the stock chrome stuff. May just settle for gen 1 unless someone happens to have gen 2 installed on a white Big Horn like mine with pics.

Thanks.

-Chris

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone gotten a set of the gen 2 lights yet?

It doesnt look like they plan on making any of the other finishes (chrome, specifically) and Im not sure how good the blacked/smoked look will look on my white Big Horn with all the stock chrome stuff. May just settle for gen 1 unless someone happens to have gen 2 installed on a white Big Horn like mine with pics.

Thanks.

-Chris

4b7bce52fb2d90d98a5ed8f9f214c2d4.jpg

I just got the version 2 ones yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got the version 2 ones yesterday

Thanks!

Where the DRL strips are.... Are they black or white/translucent?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I was looking for, thanks!

Might have to order a set to see how I like them in person....hopefully there is a good return policy :)

curleyryan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would someone be able to explain how to hook up the drl using the provided cable? I can't get them to power on and off with the truck.

Thank you in advance!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would someone be able to explain how to hook up the drl using the provided cable? I can't get them to power on and off with the truck.

Thank you in advance!

Use a fuse jumper for the fuse box under the hood also make sure you use a fuse that has power when the truck turns on and always keeps power. Hook the red wire to the red battery post and the black wire to the black battery post. Connect female ends to both headlights

Scorpio55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder engine
Did anyone have a problem with having the turn signal lights not light up after these lights were installed? It hyperflashes with no turn signal light. Thanks

Scorpio55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder engine
Did anyone have any problem with the turn signal lights not lighting up and hyper flashing on the inside on the dashboard?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Did anyone have a problem with having the turn signal lights not light up after these lights were installed? It hyperflashes with no turn signal light. Thanks

I'm not a 100% sure if the turn signal connection is polarity sensitive on these lights. As far as the hyper flash goes, you have a couple of choices, the most popular and gives you the ability to make other changes is alphaobd. You can change the settings for the lights to led and will fix your hyper flash and light out message. Second will be adding pmw/canbus adapters. Third would be adding resistors to the turn/park feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scorpio55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder engine
I am kinda screwed I have an iPhone and the alphaobd runs on the android platform. After the truck ran a lil while the lights worked fine. Thanks for your help anyway. I really appreciate it. . I guess I might have to have the factory headlights put back in.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am kinda screwed I have an iPhone and the alphaobd runs on the android platform. After the truck ran a lil while the lights worked fine. Thanks for your help anyway. I really appreciate it. . I guess I might have to have the factory headlights put back in.

The canbus adapters are only like $15

Scorpio55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder engine
Ok. Thank you. I have been driving my truck a few times. The lights work fine (turn signals and all). All I get now is the parking light out appearing on the dash but it works. Again. Thanks for your help

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok. Thank you. I have been driving my truck a few times. The lights work fine (turn signals and all). All I get now is the parking light out appearing on the dash but it works. Again. Thanks for your help

That seems to be the problem everyone has. The adapters should solve that message.

MGD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not mine:

That's it i'm sold, sequential and everything I wanted. These are only available on ebay right now correct? Amazon still 1st gen?

I was into the morimoto model until all the problems and the high price, these look amazing and with some Hikari's are the perfect setup.

curleyryan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use a fuse jumper for the fuse box under the hood also make sure you use a fuse that has power when the truck turns on and always keeps power. Hook the red wire to the red battery post and the black wire to the black battery post. Connect female ends to both headlights

Thank you! That fixed the issue!