Anyone use Doc's Filters for 5th gen diesels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
This after market company specializes in filters. You can buy a bundle of them for a reasonable price. An example would be oil filter, both fuel filters, air filter and cab air filter for one price. Has anyone used them?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
This after market company specializes in filters. You can buy a bundle of them for a reasonable price. An example would be oil filter, both fuel filters, air filter and cab air filter for one price. Has anyone used them?

When it comes to fuel filters if you have a warranty use OEM/Fleetguard, as listed in your owners manual fuel filters :"Must meet 3 micron rating (engine mounted filter). Must meet 5 micron rating (chassis mounted filter). Using a fuel filter that does not meet the manufacturer’s filtration
and water separating requirements can severely impact fuel system life and reliability."... So if you use a after market filter that does not meet the above listed requirements to FCA satisfaction and you have a problem with your fuel system FCA can void your fuel system warranty... My self I still have a warranty that I would like to keep so I'll keep on using OEM/Fleetguard filters, what little $ you may save is not worth the cost if you have problems later on, they void your warranty due to using after market filters so you then have to pay out of pocket for repairs to the fuel system...

OP
OP
P

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
A good post 06 Dodge. Doc's fuel filters meet the micron requirements.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Is that what Doc's says or do they have test documents proving their filters meet or exceed requirements and can filter correctly over the service life of the filter?

Nobody wants to part with their money if not needed but 06 Doge is right, stay with factory filtration to support the warranty. I hear a fuel system issue can cost more than $10K to repair. Is saving a few dollars every 15,000 miles worth it?

I use Mopar branded filters on both my trucks, painful to the wallet, yes, but only a couple of times each year. If I sum it up, I spend more on coffee over the year than I do on filters.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Did not see any info on their web site about how good the filters are at blocking water, my self if I had no warranty and was going to trust an after market filter I would take a good look to see what Baldwin has to offer, I use to use there fuel filters in my old 2006 CTD...

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Is that what Doc's says or do they have test documents proving their filters meet or exceed requirements and can filter correctly over the service life of the filter?

Nobody wants to part with their money if not needed but 06 Doge is right, stay with factory filtration to support the warranty. I hear a fuel system issue can cost more than $10K to repair. Is saving a few dollars every 15,000 miles worth it?

I use Mopar branded filters on both my trucks, painful to the wallet, yes, but only a couple of times each year. If I sum it up, I spend more on coffee over the year than I do on filters.

I too spend a lot more on Coffee then I do my oil & fuel filters...

OP
OP
P

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
The maintenance intervals keep getting longer. Manufacturers now spec that they want their filters and lubricants.
I have experienced this with Lexus cars. If you want lubricants to last you have to use the ones they ask for.
After some consideration, I am agreeing to go with Mopar or equivalent filters and lubricants.
It is the wrong place to try to save some money. Old habits are hard to change, but I am going to do it.