Anyone use Torklift stable load?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
I have a '18 6.7L 3500 8'bed that I pull a 28' travel trailer with. I recently installed these torklift stable loads and wondering if anybody had any other experience with them. So far so good with activating the overload springs sooner. Eliminates the porposing.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
porpoising? also known as "dog walking" i assume.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
porpoising? also known as "dog walking" i assume.

If your thinking of "The tail wagging the dog", that's usually when the trailer tongue is light and will sway moving the truck around.
Porpoising is the front to back rocking of the truck and trailer. It's usually from not having a WDH adjusted correctly or too soft of suspension for the fiver pin weight.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Porpoising is the front to back rocking of the truck and trailer. It's usually from not having a WDH adjusted correctly or too soft of suspension for the fiver pin weight.

I've always heard this as "chucking", an oscillation between the trailer and tow vehicle.

farside2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
It means the trailer is to heavy for your suspension set up. My 1500 did that when towing my boat. Added airbags to the rear of the truck and the problem went away. Airbags or a WDH are the way to fix this. Or you could upgrade to the 3500 duelly. That would certainly take care of the problem!