Anyone With Key FOB Problem After Remote Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, my key fob is fine until I remote start the vehicle. I can't unlock the doors once I remote start it. If I kill the remote start, doors unlock fine. I have to tell you, this truck is a nightmare. Never should have sold my 2016. Rips with the 410's though.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So, my key fob is fine until I remote start the vehicle. I can't unlock the doors once I remote start it. If I kill the remote start, doors unlock fine. I have to tell you, this truck is a nightmare. Never should have sold my 2016. Rips with the 410's though.

Yes.

This is a pain in the ass. Not sure what causes it. Seems to only happen from certain angles. For me, it’ll unlock the driver’s door, but won’t unlock all others until I am literally on the truck. I can hammer that button a million times, won’t do anything until I’m close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes.

This is a pain in the ass. Not sure what causes it. Seems to only happen from certain angles. For me, it’ll unlock the driver’s door, but won’t unlock all others until I am literally on the truck. I can hammer that button a million times, won’t do anything until I’m close.

Same thing. I just don't want to take it in if it is common. It has been in too much over the other electronic problems.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No issue at all. Is it only on certain models? I have a 2020 2500 Big Horn.

Red

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No issue at all. Is it only on certain models? I have a 2020 2500 Big Horn.

Red
Not sure, that is why I started the thread. I want to get a feel for it and find out if it is more common than not.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes.

Mine has now completely quit working. Did you happen to take yours in?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Check your setting in your radio under settings. There is an option to unlock only drivers door versus all doors with a press of the key fob. Cycle through it as it could be a simple software glitch.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your setting in your radio under settings. There is an option to unlock only drivers door versus all doors with a press of the key fob. Cycle through it as it could be a simple software glitch.
That isn't the problem. You can't unlock, you can't turn off the remote start, you can't set the alarm once the remote start is activated. You have to unlock the door with the key which in turn sets the alarm off and shuts the truck off. Once the truck is shut off, key fobs work normal again.

I am actually scheduling it to be taken in again. Too many problems. I have to go to Tennessee with it next week so I need it but they can have it for a week once I get back. My 12" infotainment system is garbage along with sirius xm problems.

Spedly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It’s a common problem. Something stops the rf module on some trucks from seeing fob inputs when the truck is running.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s a common problem. Something stops the rf module on some trucks from seeing fob inputs when the truck is running.
Have you seen anywhere where they found a fix?

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right after I made the last comment, my dealer called......they have more trucks that have this issue. While this is bad, it is good for me because we know it isn't just my truck. A solution will hopefully come sooner than later.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My last truck(2015 SLT)used to do that once in a while but I attributed it to an aftermarket D-Ball remote start that I installed.Only did it maybe 3 times in 4 years.Just had to unlock with the key in the FOB and then life was good.

kbr577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 HD 6.4
I cant believe I didn't see this before I posted this. I have a new 2020 Tradesman 2500, I add the Mopar factory remote starter kit. Took it to the dealer to program it, the kit came with the two fobs and a hood latch with the safety switch. the truck will start, but the doors wont unlock if you start it with the remote, it will unlock fine if you don't use the remote starter. I brought it back and they put a new RF receiver in. still doesn't work wright.

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant believe I didn't see this before I posted this. I have a new 2020 Tradesman 2500, I add the Mopar factory remote starter kit. Took it to the dealer to program it, the kit came with the two fobs and a hood latch with the safety switch. the truck will start, but the doors wont unlock if you start it with the remote, it will unlock fine if you don't use the remote starter. I brought it back and they put a new RF receiver in. still doesn't work wright.
My dealer acknowledges this is a problem. I am thinking because it just got cold here, everyone with the issue is just discovering it. I have adjusted to unlocking it with UConnect app until they get it figured out. It takes a few mins but I usually send the request before I walk outside and I don't have to listen to the alarm going off.

kbr577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 HD 6.4
My dealer acknowledges this is a problem. I am thinking because it just got cold here, everyone with the issue is just discovering it. I have adjusted to unlocking it with UConnect app until they get it figured out. It takes a few mins but I usually send the request before I walk outside and I don't have to listen to the alarm going off.

My alarm doesn't go off, I just have to use the key. I let my Dealer know that it was on here with other people having the same problem. I wonder if Ramcare seen it on here?

OP
OP
John KIOhio

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone getting anywhere with this?
Another guy has a post going about this too. I just got a call from my dealer. Chrysler is aware and there is no fix as of now.

Claytono80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went to dealer, they said dodge is aware of this issue but there is no computer software fix as of yet, I also contacted ram care as well, 2020 ram 2500 6.4 Hemi

Claytono80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My assigned ram care case manager told me to have others notify ram care of the issue so they can build more known cases and speed up the process of a fix. Will update if I get anymore info.