anzo projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone try these headlights and do the improve the lighting over stock duals?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 473

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a very low % chance that they would have a better beam pattern than the stock duals. I won't be the only person to say it, but I might be the first. Talk to JJ about retrofitting a set. I did my own retrofit, and I am beyond impressed with what a good projector + HID setup looks like.

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes! Talk to JJ! He just set me up...and they are awesome!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
There is a very low % chance that they would have a better beam pattern than the stock duals. I won't be the only person to say it, but I might be the first. Talk to JJ about retrofitting a set. I did my own retrofit, and I am beyond impressed with what a good projector + HID setup looks like.

i agree. I'm sure you can get a decent price HId/Projector retro done

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also look up a post i did on different projector lights and those come stock with an h-1 bulb which will give you less light output then stock now if you were to put hid's im them thats a different story.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah I have talked to JJ, would love to have him do me a set. But that is over my budget. Trying to get dodge to look into the issue of lights, even sent them a video of my lights at night on dim, they say that is adequate lite output. IMO not if your running over 30 miles per hour. My wife's saturn on low beam has better lights. This has been my only complaint with the truck. So, when I hit a deer on some night, and i live is Southern IL, very possible. I see a nice product liability claim on the horizon. :)

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
my stock lights were not that bad

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
i don't know what is up with dodge and jeep. Mine weren't terrible but weren't the best. my wife's jeep were decent but cut off at about 20' on the low's so I had to raise them up quite a bit. The only truck that I've had with good lighting was my 05 chevy.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
There is a raffle going on you can win Retro Shop products, link is in my signature.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
bleh. :D

Of course I am biased.

Have you tried aiming your lights up a smidge?

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
doing that slowly one quarter turn at a time. When does the raffle end? I was up your way this weekend JJ. Maybe after a few more turns and no better lighting my wife will give in and let me send them to you. also have you seen the stock style lights on ebay with the black bezel, that would be a good way to keep cores on hand. they are less than $200 shipped and would probably save you on prep work.

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have noticed my headlights arent that bright either. its 8 years older then yours but i can drive with my brights on all the time and very, very seldom get brighted back to turn them off. I live in Southern IL also and worry bout hitting a deer every night that i goto work.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
doing that slowly one quarter turn at a time. When does the raffle end? I was up your way this weekend JJ. Maybe after a few more turns and no better lighting my wife will give in and let me send them to you. also have you seen the stock style lights on ebay with the black bezel, that would be a good way to keep cores on hand. they are less than $200 shipped and would probably save you on prep work.

He has cores.......plus he is now a vendor of lights...LOL

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If you want to see bad I'll take a picture of my taurus headlights. I drove it to the bank 2 miles away when I was home a few weeks ago and checked three times to make sure they were still on.
The stock ram headlights arent great but the fog lights help alot IMO
Do you have a picture of your output?

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd bite the bullet and get some lights from JJ. you won't be happy with the anzo projectors. they may look better than stock, but the light output won't be much different in my opinion. then you'll be stuck trying to get rid of the anzos and getting some JJ lights. you won't be disappointed with his lights

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
fog lights definately help. if you are into that kind of thing you might install a light bar. kind of like a bull bar or brush guard. a couple 6 inch off road lights will easily light up the road ahead

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the advice, getting a raffle ticket today, hope and pray. I will try to find the video I sent to Dodge, it was taken on my old cell phone. Not sure if it was deleted. I will take photo tonight and post. Wish I had fog lights, but probably wouldn't help much as I can see the road well that is directly in front of me as long as it isn't to far away. I have thought about the light bar and that is a possibility, just would be limited to two extra forward facing lights.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The old adage "buy once, cry once" comes to mind. Those lights you posted would be a waste of money, and the money you would spend on those would get you that much closer to a set of lights from JJ. I'm still running stock lights, but mine aren't that terrible, maybe it's because I sit up higher with the lift. One day, when the banker releases the funds, I'll send mine to JJ.... until then, I'll wait.