April 2021 Winner - chris1126

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats to @chris1126 for his April 2021 TOTM WIN!

Check out this awesome truck!

From the owner:

We purchased this 2017 RAM 2500 Tradesman CC in March of 2017. I was born and raised a "Chevy Guy". At the time, we owned a motorhome and a 98 Chevy 1500. Every camping trip required my wife to follow in the truck. We decided to purchase a travel trailer and a 2500 truck. Obviously, i started looking at Chevys but little did i know, my wife had her sights set on a RAM. So every truck i showed her, she didnt approve of and then she says "I think I want a RAM this time" I wasn't onboard at first however, happy wife happy life and she pays the bills so.... anyway, i start looking into RAMs. Found a 2014 Cummins and a 2015 5.7. Wasnt happy with either for various reasons. However looking at used trucks, the salesman mentioned the 6.4L gasser to me, as he is telling me about them, my wife sees this one on the lot. salesman asks if we wanna take it for a ride and before i had a chance to say no, my wife had the keys and was ready to go. She loves it! my turn to drive. I love it! WE WILL TAKE IT! that was the moment i transitioned from a Chevy Guy to a RAM Guy! So we buy it use it for pulling the camper ONLY and park it unless its for camping. Miles stay low and she is out of the elements. During the winter of 2017 as she's is parked for the winter i see a lifted RAM, my wheels start turning. i think i will put a lift on her! So i start researching. The initial idea was to just put a lift and tires, some lights and some chrome (cause i love lights and chrome). I took her to the shop, Envision Metalworks, directly from storage and let them have at it! the made some suggestions. How bout we powder coat the lift kit? sure! which turned into "how bout we do this and that and what about this and OH this would look cool!" which everything they mentioned, i loved the idea!! so she comes out of the garage and gets alot of attention at the campsites. one person said "do you show that?" never really crossed my mind to show her but there was a show nearby to where we were camping the following weekend. i started polishing, i remembered what my brother used to do to prepare his vehicle to take it to a show back in the 80s and 90s. We enter our first show and win first place. Thats all it took from there i was hooked. During this time, "the RAM" assumed the name "RAMINA" and the build schedule keeps growing.

Currently, "The Envision Edition RAM, Ramina" build consists of:
* Zone 5.5" lift
* Raceline Throttle 20X10 wheels
* 37x12.50R20 Maxxis Razrs
* Nitro 4.56 gears
* Oracle lighting
* Custom amber Maxxima lighting under the bumper and cab
* Bulletproof hitch
* Custom color matched powder coating
* Airlift Airbags
* Upgraded Bumper w/ foglights
* Upgraded Grill
* Chrome accents
* Onboard air supply
* Clazzio Seat covers
* Frame was blasted and painted

Currently, Ramina is in the shop getting:
* Zone 1.5" body lift
* 40x13.50R20s
* Bedrug
* Dirtlogic Dual shocks
* removal of the spare tire hanger

Future upgrades are:
* Center console upgrade with 8.4 radio and console shifter
* Alpine upgrade
* Custom leather interior and color matched accents
* Lambo doors
* Stock dump bed
* Custom 4 link air suspension.

As previously posted, there is no current kit for a dump bed or lambo doors. The shop is currently working to make these modifications happen. I will keep everyone posted.

Chris 4.jpg Chris 1.jpeg Chris3.jpegIMG_20200723_210612760.jpg Chris 2.jpeg

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Congrats. Definitely an impressive build.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks to everyone that voted for me. also a big congrats to @2012RAM1500RT and @MartyZ , you guys have awesome trucks and i was honored to compete against you guys!
Sorry it took a few days to get this thread going for you. I usually post stuff here from my office at work but for some reason they blocked gmail recently so I couldn't download your pics from my email!

Congrats on the win. I have seen your truck plenty here before but didn't realize how much work you put into it. Very cool!

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry it took a few days to get this thread going for you. I usually post stuff here from my office at work but for some reason they blocked gmail recently so I couldn't download your pics from my email!

Congrats on the win. I have seen your truck plenty here before but didn't realize how much work you put into it. Very cool!
thank you. its been a ton of work, tike, and funds. the shop i go to does awesome work. i have zero complaints. as i said, the truck is in the shop....again. ill keep you updated on the new modifications.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am glad that someone else likes to take PIX

Your Ram is definitely Pix worthy

People thought that i was crazy when i repainted a Brand New Ram & changed bumper types

I guess that would make you insane :)

Congratulations on your Ram & winning TOTM

Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out of the shop this time.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am glad that someone else likes to take PIX

Your Ram is definitely Pix worthy

People thought that i was crazy when i repainted a Brand New Ram & changed bumper types

I guess that would make you insane :)

Congratulations on your Ram & winning TOTM

Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out of the shop this time.
crazy is only what you make it. haha