Are there any cons to ram boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Depends what you use your box for. You lose a bit of box space. Limited on campers, canopies and sled decks.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I absolutely love my Ramboxes. Never have I one time said to myself "I wish I had that space in front of and behind the wheel well."
It gives me tool boxes on both sides and still have a 6.5' bed. Otherwise I would have to put a tool box in the front part of my bed.
There are a couple things I wish they would make better but would not keep me from purchasing again.

2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 6.4 Hemi 4:10 Gears Ram Boxes 35x12.50R18 on Factory Wheels
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

17Delmonico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my cap, so I can't have them, unless either Leer designs a cap to accommodate them, or the Ramboxes are designed differently. If I didn't have a cap, I would definitely look into getting them. They seem really handy.

GottaBeKD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is a commuter and family hauler. Love rambox

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It just depends on how you use your truck that dictates what size bed and if it is worth getting the boxes. Most people who drive trucks would be just as capable in daily life as driving a minivan, we just like trucks. ;) The only negative I seen reading the forums is that accessory companies do not offer the accessories as fast as a typical bed and some not at all for rambox trucks.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Love mine. The cargo divider is great for keeping stuff near the tailgate, so it doesn't slide all the way forward. However, you lose cargo carrying capacity, the ability to secure stuff in the bed (no cap), and the storage compartment covers are quite flimsy and can be pried open with a screwdriver. Can't keep anything in them that you don't mind having stolen. I like the convenience of keeping ropes, tie straps, cheap tools, road-assistance stuff (shovel, boards, sand, tow staps), as well as my hitches and bungies and such. Just can't put anything valuable in them.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would not have been a deal breaker or selling point for me. If I had them, I MIGHT use them. For me, the bed is small enough as it is, so losing more space... meh, I could go either way on it.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends on how you use your truck bed. For me, I love them and will continue to try and have them in future trucks

Siff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They can delay production of your ordered truck for over 6 months.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I dont like seeing the outline of the lid. if they had less gap or were straight line or opened on the top like the ones on my old avalanche I would have considered adding them as I got used to having a lot of gear stored out of sight in the avie.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
they just wont line up correct, otherwise, they rock. only con is loss of bed space, but thats only if you use it.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
They look weird, theyre also plastic and can crack, I cant deny how useful they are but i couldnlt justify having tow straps getting tangled in it and losing bed space. I would just get a bed tool box if thats what youre using your truck for. Just my opinion.

JPW_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted them until I opened the box and saw how small it was. Golf clubs ain’t going to fit so no RamBox for me. Plus you lose a lot of space in an already small bed. I haul dirt bikes so that’s no bueno..

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After having a truck with them, I’ll never have a truck without them. My $.02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish I had them on my truck. Have seen a couple with and the storage potential. I use my bed but have a trailer for larger items anyway so I don’t have to lift them up into the bed.

Next truck will have them.

trldude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was going order w/boxes until I found the ReTrax metal roll top tonneau cover. I want the model that you can mount a rack above and that one won’t work with the Rambox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited: