Are there any HIDDEN recalls on the 5th Gen??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMaway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorq
Hidden or not well advertised, may be more correct!
Such as the recall I had on 3rd Gen. recall on the drivers door
rubber seal. The forward edge of the door was intruding into the
rubber seal when the door was opened. Thanks .....RAMaway!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Recalls are only issued for safety related issues, and not usually kept a secret. Did you mean Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's)?

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
There are "recalls" where they are covered ONLY IF you have a problem. I think that's what the OP is referring to. I've heard them called hidden also

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wasn't aware of any recalls like that. Do you have any examples of such a recall? I'm genuinely curious. I'd like to know about any recalls that might not have been communicated to me by Ram/Stellantis. I've seen recalls which cover a range of VIN's or complete model years. But I can't ever remember seeing one that only covers a vehicle if it has a problem.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
TSB
A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is intended for dealers and auto mechanics.
A TSB will contain information about a common issue and information on how
to correct it. Dealers use this information when dealing with warranty service.
TSB information is maintained by the NHTSA.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/

Rapid Response Transmittal
A Rapid Response Transmittal is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) but is of a
higher priority or importance than that of a standard TSB. This also is intended
for dealers and auto mechanics. A normal TSB may or may not be implemented in the course of a vehicle repair as it can and often is done at the discretion of the dealer.

Unless the problem described in the TSB is identical to that of the complaint or
repair item, and the dealer/mechanic looks for this situation or condition then
usually the TSB is followed. The RRT is of a higher level or importance here. It
informs the dealers and mechanics that a known problem exists and that should look for conditions stated in the RRT on new vehicles or/as the come in for service, or in the case of the particulars of the RRT contact the owner and have them bring the vehicle in for service at the earliest convenience. Usually this is done to help dealer avoid warranty work costs that will eventually come at a later date.

Recall
Vehicle manufactures must recall a vehicle if it does not meet federally mandated safety regulations or if there is a major flaw in design. If there is a recall on your vehicle, a dealer will inspect or replace the flawed components as needed.

OP
OP
R

RAMaway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorq
Hidden, silent or TBS recalls! Reminds me of my wife's JEEP, JL she
had the famous solid axle wobble.
I took the VIN to the dealer and told them of the problem. The first think
said was we need the VIN, as only some were affected as they came
off the assembly line. My VIN was one that was allowed to be
upgraded to a shock that was about twice the size of the original
RAMaway

05ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I’ve had an issue with my 22 that may be a TSB in the future. The main screen stops working at odd times. The dealer told me how to do a hard reset and it’s fixed for now but RAM was aware and working on an update to correct it.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
My 21 has recalls for the rear camera operation. It would go blank and stay blank. There are several issues with the rear camera.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My 21 has recalls for the rear camera operation. It would go blank and stay blank. There are several issues with the rear camera.
I'm pretty sure this recall only affects '21 models with the tow package. It doesn't apply to my '21 Limited (no tow pkg.). It was also well advertised.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I’ve had an issue with my 22 that may be a TSB in the future. The main screen stops working at odd times. The dealer told me how to do a hard reset and it’s fixed for now but RAM was aware and working on an update to correct it.

Had a customer who bought a 22 2500 longhorn. Had so much trouble with the Uconnect 5 he traded it in and bought a Lariat. I think Ram has the tiger by the tail on Uconnect 5. So Ram lost a 30 truck a year commercial customer.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins
Had a customer who bought a 22 2500 longhorn. Had so much trouble with the Uconnect 5 he traded it in and bought a Lariat. I think Ram has the tiger by the tail on Uconnect 5. So Ram lost a 30 truck a year commercial customer.
Ford also has their fair share of electronic issues. I have 3 friends with 2018 and newer ford’s that are having touchscreen issues. One of the guys only had his truck for 3 weeks before he sold it again because of electrical problems. Same guy also has a2019 Ford Expedition that is having electrical issues.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
yuuup. Mr Cummins you are correct. Everyone is having trouble. He said it was how Ram told him to just sit and wait.

SPORTRAM17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '21 1500 Laramie, and it's just at 10,000 miles, started making squeaking noises when hitting bigger bumps. In my head it sounded like sway bar bushings or at least some bushing in the suspension. I went to the dealer and talked to the service writer and he kind of agreed with me. Had them look at it that day and they called me back saying there is a TSB out for the body mounts and the tech took it for a drive and that is what he said it was. We set up an appointment for about a week later, so they could get the mounts ordered in. I brought the truck back in this morning to have the work done, picked up this afternoon and on my test drive, still squeaked. I went back, told them nothing changed, had the tech who worked on it come on a test drive with me and verified the squeak and we talked about the suspension, also me mentioning that I was a ASE certified tech for over 12 years so we agreed that it very well could be the suspension. So left it there for them to work on it in the morning. So anyway back to the OP's question, there is this. :)

JosephPukala

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
21 3500 They sent me a few letters about the grid heater. I can’t remember the exact wording. Something like relay can stick on and catch fire do not park inside. Very comforting. Took it to the dealer and as far as I know they just checked it out and said it was good.