Audio cuts in and out for all inputs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcrnrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
2012 RAM 1500 BigHorn 5.7L Hemi - 160,000 miles

The audio for all speakers turns off for ~3 seconds and back on ~3 seconds very strictly (all inputs, aux in, radio, satellite, etc.) Interesting enough the volume knob does and does not work during this same timeframe, but the scroll knob works throughout.

I bought a new head unit (ATOTO in-Dash 2 Din Digital Media Car Stereo - SA102 YS102SL) and the corresponding wiring harness (PAC RP4-CH11 All-in-one Radio Replacement and Steering Wheel Control Interface), ATOTO support specified this product.

I soldered the harnesses and booted up. The new unit powers on and I am able to get the Bluetooth and direct input connected to my phone ( I have no interest in connecting AM/FM or satellite radio). However, I have no audio coming from any speakers).

Thoughts on the source of the problem? I have double-checked the speaker connections on the harnesses and they are correct.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did your truck come with a premium factory sound system? I'm not familiar with the 2012 setups, but it's possible their is a factory amp that's the root cause of your audio issues.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk