Audio Help Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stdsmt22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2014 Ram Black Express and want to add 2x10in subs, 1000w sub amp, reference speakers, 1000w reference amp. What is a good head unit that will allow me to keep my back up camera, aux, and 12v inputs? Would also like to keep satellite radio and bluetooth.

I know...im a newbie...but hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
No aftermarket radio will allow you to keep your factory backup camera that I'm aware of. But there is a way to display it on the headunit. Here is the thread on how.

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=61722

Hooking up Rear Camera to A/M Head Unit

Also keeping the factory inputs seem to be a problem. Mine will light up but can't connect anything. Bluetooth will be part of the aftermarket unit and siriusxm you'll need the sxv2001 tuner (about $35-40) but if you have a free trial subscription it's seems to be impossible to switch it over. Some say they have but I haven't had any luck.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You pretty much cannot keep ANY of the things you want to keep. Not to say it cannot be done but you will need some customization. XM is definitely out as it is built into the factory HU so any new HU you buy, you will have to buy the XM add-on.

iDatalink is supposed to release their interface soon, what that keeps for you is yet to be seen but they are pretty thorough and it's possible you could keep all of the things you want (with exception to XM).

Why not stay stock and use a LOC or DSP?