Audio speaker issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blank1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Ram 1500
Engine
I have a 2019 Big Ram 1500. I rarely drive the truck and it only has 5,000 miles on it. My issue is that driver side front door speaker has no sound coming through it. Dash driver side tweeter is working. Have tried doing a “soft reset” and rebooting back to factory settings, with no change. I haven’t tried removing positive battery cable reset yet. Just looking for other suggestions, as to what would cause this problem.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2019 Big Ram 1500. I rarely drive the truck and it only has 5,000 miles on it. My issue is that driver side front door speaker has no sound coming through it. Dash driver side tweeter is working. Have tried doing a “soft reset” and rebooting back to factory settings, with no change. I haven’t tried removing positive battery cable reset yet. Just looking for other suggestions, as to what would cause this problem.
Remove the in-line radio fuse located in the engine bay near the fire wall in front of your battery and brake booster for 15 seconds. Then fire up the radio, these will cut the channel to the speaker if they do not sense a load. Have you done anything with the speakers lately?

OP
OP
B

Blank1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Ram 1500
Engine
I tried a “soft reset”, and resetting back to default settings with no result. I saw one other suggestion to remove positive cable from battery, wait a little bit then reconnect, but I haven’t tried that yet. Speaker was working a few days prior to it not working, I know it hasn’t been played loud enough to blow the speaker and I barely use the truck either

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried a “soft reset”, and resetting back to default settings with no result. I saw one other suggestion to remove positive cable from battery, wait a little bit then reconnect, but I haven’t tried that yet. Speaker was working a few days prior to it not working, I know it hasn’t been played loud enough to blow the speaker and I barely use the truck either

A “reset” may not solve your issue. What SitKneelBend was advising is to cut all power to the radio. These new radios have to sense a load or they shut down the speaker channel. A reset continues to maintain power to the radio. Cutting all power is the equivalent of unplugging the speaker and plugging it back in. As a side note have you removed the interior door panel and checked the speaker physically? If you have a 2019 Classic 4th gen the front door and dash speakers are wired as one unit so if the dash speaker is working the door should be also. On the newer 5th gen trucks I have no idea how they are wired.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Blank1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Ram 1500
Engine
No I haven’t taken door panel off, don’t know if I have the tools to get it off. So would removing the positive terminal cable on the battery work the same as removing the fuse? If I do the cable do I have to wait a little to reconnect also or would removing the fuse as you suggested be the way to go

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No I haven’t taken door panel off, don’t know if I have the tools to get it off. So would removing the positive terminal cable on the battery work the same as removing the fuse? If I do the cable do I have to wait a little to reconnect also or would removing the fuse as you suggested be the way to go
Same results, fuse is easier...

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, thanks guys. I’ll give it a shot when I get home from work

Remove the negative cable. Or remove the negative cable then the positive cable from the battery. If you leave the negative cable on the battery terminal and go to reconnect the positive cable it will spark and there is a rare chance that you could damage electronics. I know it’s tempting cuz I do it on my lawn mower but not so good for a electronics filled truck lol

OP
OP
B

Blank1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Ram 1500
Engine
Remove the in-line radio fuse located in the engine bay near the fire wall in front of your battery and brake booster for 15 seconds. Then fire up the radio, these will cut the channel to the speaker if they do not sense a load. Have you done anything with the speakers lately?
Just tried this the other day, no change, with or without fuse in. It’s never been up loud enough to blow. Tweeter in dash on (r) side works. How do you get the door panel off to access speaker

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just tried this the other day, no change, with or without fuse in. It’s never been up loud enough to blow. Tweeter in dash on (r) side works. How do you get the door panel off to access speaker
This will show you...