Auto Comfort Seating Not Staying On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I have the 13.38.52 software version which fixed all of my issues - until today. It's below 40 degrees where I live and I did a remote start on my Longhorn but the heated seats and wheel were not on. When I looked at the options the Auto On box for the seats and wheel to start with the engine starting was no longer checked. I've had this checked ever since I got the truck. Weird. So I pressed the check box -and after 6 seconds it somehow unchecked itself. This happened several times on my commute home. I turned the power off completely and it still did it. I even re-installed 13.38.52 and this time it unchecked itself after 7 seconds. WTF?? Anyone have this issue and or know of a way to fix it? Thank you.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thats not good. I'm commenting to keep track of responses since I am planning on upgrading my software tomorrow.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just did the update and now I don't even see the comfort option listed. I will see in the morning if it turns everything on but curious why its not listed anymore on mine in settings.

Last edited:

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
SO happy I haven't done mine. Won't now that I see this. That's a HUGE plus in my climate. I like my warm steering wheel and seats when I jump in. ;)

OP
OP
jsequino

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I would still recommend that you guys do the 13.38.52 upgrade. Prior to this upgrade my Uconnect was so messed up Chrysler corporate actually stepped in and they gave me a brand new truck - seriously. The new truck Uconnect/software was still messed up but the 13.38.52 fixed everything. Until yesterday - when the Auto On seat and Steering Wheel stopped working. I wonder if it's a fuse thing? And yes - this is very important to me living in New Hampshire.

captrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V-8
Heated seat problems

I just had this same problem. We have a 2013 1500 Longhorn, and have struggled with the heated seats and steering wheel going off just seconds after activation. Some days they would work fine, and then back to the same problems for days on end.
Finally, the dealer discovered a loose pin in the connector of the plug under the front seat. The loose pin would wiggle from vehicle motion or seat adjustment, and this would signal the heating module to trip off. Once the loose pin was tightened, our problems have gone. Seats and steering wheel now work flawlessly at all outside temperatures. Dealer said there was also a communications error between the computer and heating module which Detroit sent a fix for. Not sure which problem was to blame....but the loose pin in the connector was definately a factor.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I've had ZERO (knocking on wood here) issues with my system. I'm not chancing it. I have NO reason to.

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I have the 13.38.52 software version which fixed all of my issues - until today. It's below 40 degrees where I live and I did a remote start on my Longhorn but the heated seats and wheel were not on. When I looked at the options the Auto On box for the seats and wheel to start with the engine starting was no longer checked. I've had this checked ever since I got the truck. Weird. So I pressed the check box -and after 6 seconds it somehow unchecked itself. This happened several times on my commute home. I turned the power off completely and it still did it. I even re-installed 13.38.52 and this time it unchecked itself after 7 seconds. WTF?? Anyone have this issue and or know of a way to fix it? Thank you.

I had the same exact issue! I found out that you have to select it while the key is in the "run" position (one click before start) but the engine has to be off. Try it and let me know how you make out. I learned that for some reason some selections need to be made while the engine is running and others while it's not. Some sort of idiosyncrasy.

BTW, I know I'm beating this issue to death but since you did the update you lost the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" option. So if your green "ECO" light comes on you can't turn it off and vice versa.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well the option may not be there but everything still comes on in the cold thankfully!

OP
OP
jsequino

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
Thanks for the advice on the connection under the seat. I'll see if I can find it myself before bringing it to the dealer.

I will also try that other tip about selecting it with the engine not running etc..

I'll try both of these tonight and hope for the best.

Last night I re-installed 13.38.52 again and sure enough the option to Display Fuel Saver in Cluster popped back up. I quickly unchecked it - I found the green ECO thing really annoying. And this morning, the option to check/uncheck is gone and the ECO light is off - so that's good.

OP
OP
jsequino

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I just had this same problem. We have a 2013 1500 Longhorn, and have struggled with the heated seats and steering wheel going off just seconds after activation. Some days they would work fine, and then back to the same problems for days on end.
Finally, the dealer discovered a loose pin in the connector of the plug under the front seat. The loose pin would wiggle from vehicle motion or seat adjustment, and this would signal the heating module to trip off. Once the loose pin was tightened, our problems have gone. Seats and steering wheel now work flawlessly at all outside temperatures. Dealer said there was also a communications error between the computer and heating module which Detroit sent a fix for. Not sure which problem was to blame....but the loose pin in the connector was definately a factor.

After reading your post again, I don't believe I'm having the same issues as you had. If I manually turn on the heated seats and steering wheel, they stay on and function fine. My issue is only with the AUTO ON. The heated seats and wheel are supposed to start when it's below a certain temperature. Is it 42 or something? I think in order for that to work, the box has to be checked in the Comfort Start menu or whatever it's called. I can't get the box to stay checked. Every time I check it, it magically unchecks itself 5 or 6 seconds later.

OP
OP
jsequino

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I had the same exact issue! I found out that you have to select it while the key is in the "run" position (one click before start) but the engine has to be off. Try it and let me know how you make out. I learned that for some reason some selections need to be made while the engine is running and others while it's not. Some sort of idiosyncrasy.

BTW, I know I'm beating this issue to death but since you did the update you lost the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" option. So if your green "ECO" light comes on you can't turn it off and vice versa.

So the option still won't stay checked BUT the heated seats/wheel are now coming on anyway since it's been below 40. The last 3 times I started the truck with my phone or by pressing the ignition it has worked as it should. So, I ain't messing with it. I don't care if it won't stay checked as long as it works. Weird.....