Auto heating/cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Strange question I have a 2012 Laramie, it has heated and cooling seats, auto temperature control. But the seats only come on intermittently when I use auto start. Are the tied to a specific outside temp before the heating comes on. They are leather seats and I'd like them to be warm when I get in
Sometimes they automatically come on sometimes they done. If its tied to outside temp can I change that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an '09 with the same thing. Yes, they're tied to outside temp. I don't have my manual with me, but I believe it's like below 40 and above 90 (maybe 95?) As far as I know there's no way to adjust it. And it's only the driver's seat, not both.

Cbrooks45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2012 Laramie doesn't have auto start for some reason. But my seats work sometimes and sometimes they don't. They all worked even the back row but now they come on once in a while. I am not sure what could be causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
it's most likely what is mentioned above, for the Comfort Auto-On to turn the seats on, it has to be below 40°F for heat and above 80°F for cooling. Keep in mind the temperature sensor is in the driver's mirror so if the sun is baking that side of the truck the heat may not turn on.