Auto-Park recal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is similar to the thread below, "won't move with door open". I got it done, and to me it's not a big deal. Around town, I don't use my seatbelt, but it is buckled behind my back. As long as the seatbelt is buckled, it disables that function. If I leave town, I'll use the seatbelt.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't open the door to back up because I actually know how to use my mirrors.
I don't have auto park but if I did it wouldn't be a problem.
Sometimes i find myself in situations where i cant use the mirrors and then i have to open the door. (like when i drive up my ramps for oil changes, mirrors are useless)
Mirrors are only as good as the reflection of objects you see in them, the rest of the time, all bets are off.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No you do not have to get this done.
And the dealers will just upload the flash update accidentally no matter what the customer says on their next visit.
Ask me how i know this... first they`ll lie, then convince you its several flash updates "NEEDED" and your truck will be much better.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
And the dealers will just upload the flash update accidentally no matter what the customer says on their next visit.
Ask me how i know this... first they`ll lie, then convince you its several flash updates "NEEDED" and your truck will be much better.

Well thats F,ed up, hopefully I dont need to go back anytime soon.
Was thinking of putting a padlock over the port so they can't flash it..lol

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well thats F,ed up, hopefully I dont need to go back anytime soon.
Was thinking of putting a padlock over the port so they can't flash it..lol
Yeah... i`m trying to find a way to block the port so they cant get into mine.
I`m tired of them messing my truck up everytime i go for just an oil change.
My truck, MY RULES!!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO, but You can get a seat belt extender or a fake clip (I have a set) to get around it if U R say working in a field or something where U make multiple trips in/out of truck, have to move with door open, etc.,. But when on highway, buckle up. May save yer life and tickets R expensive, just IMHO...

RAMMERHARDER: HERE U GO; CHECK URL:

https://www.bem-auto.com/product-pa...MI0eWhs6HV1wIVgYl-Ch3jEQQlEAAYASAAEgI2M_D_BwE

Last edited:

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah... i`m trying to find a way to block the port so they cant get into mine.
I`m tired of them messing my truck up everytime i go for just an oil change.
My truck, MY RULES!!

I've never had them do anything to my truck without my permission.
Legally they can't.
I declined the C/C recall and a couple of others.
If they want to do the auto park recall, I really don't care because as I said before, I don't ever open the door when the truck is moving.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the auto park recall? Is this just to add that auto park stuff, or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes i find myself in situations where i cant use the mirrors and then i have to open the door. (like when i drive up my ramps for oil changes, mirrors are useless)
Mirrors are only as good as the reflection of objects you see in them, the rest of the time, all bets are off.

Same here, the mirrors are useless when I drive up on my ramps as well but as I and many others have said before, if you buckle your seatbelt or put it in four-low, you won’t have that problem of your transmission slamming in Park when you open the door.

Hydrasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my "auto park" update letter today. Three letters in four days from FCA. One of the other letters was just advising a 12 year extended warranty on the fuel tank straps against rust through and the other letter (U53) was for an "Occupant Restraint Control Module". That letter also mentions that T25 and/or T61 will also be completed during the U53 update. I do not know what T25 or T61 is for. Anyone here know what those updates address?

The only update I want, if they actually have one, is to get the 8 speed transmission to downshift completely to 1st before I try to leave a stop sign. I don't mind the "clunk" but waiting for the transmission to respond to the throttle should not have to happen.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, the mirrors are useless when I drive up on my ramps as well but as I and many others have said before, if you buckle your seatbelt or put it in four-low, you won’t have that problem of your transmission slamming in Park when you open the door.

Yep lol, i found that out by accident... it was one of those "what if" situations. It was kinda scary at first because the lights on the rotary dial were flashing like crazy, chimes were going off, and some dash lights were flickering giving a warning. Sure gets your attention when all that **** is happening all at once... your kinda like, WTF just happened...?!?!?!?! lol

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my "auto park" update letter today. Three letters in four days from FCA. One of the other letters was just advising a 12 year extended warranty on the fuel tank straps against rust through and the other letter (U53) was for an "Occupant Restraint Control Module". That letter also mentions that T25 and/or T61 will also be completed during the U53 update. I do not know what T25 or T61 is for. Anyone here know what those updates address?

The only update I want, if they actually have one, is to get the 8 speed transmission to downshift completely to 1st before I try to leave a stop sign. I don't mind the "clunk" but waiting for the transmission to respond to the throttle should not have to happen.
I got a bunch of letters in the mail too... l dont want the dealer touching my truck. I`m looking for a OBD2 port lockout cover so they cant touch it anymore. Everytime they flashed my last truck, they made it worse every time they touched it.
Luckily my 2018 truck goes down into 1st gear just fine, no clunking, its very smooth at this time anyway. BUT, my previous 2014 sport 8 speed was a pure nightmare. Day to day you never knew what to expect or what was going to happen.
As of right now, this 18 sport is very sweet, unlike all my previous gen 4 hemi trucks, each had their own set of issues that FCA never resolved, only made them worse by touching them. I`m trying to keep them from touching this new one.

I wish there was a place with a listing of all these U & T codes somewhere were we can find out what each one is for.
I think the U codes are updates, and the T codes are tech bulletins (?) Thats what they use to stand for back when i was turning wrenchs in stealerships anyway.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't open the door to back up because I actually know how to use my mirrors.
I don't have auto park but if I did it wouldn't be a problem.

I guess you've never been off road in a place where the obstructions can't be seen in a mirror. Back up or maneuvering in ruts, around rocks/stumps/downed trees is a must. Even when you can see stuff in the mirror or rear camera, the distortion doesn't permit accurate distance judgement on close obstacles. This is a really overly protective nanny feature for really dumb people.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess you've never been off road in a place where the obstructions can't be seen in a mirror. Back up or maneuvering in ruts, around rocks/stumps/downed trees is a must. Even when you can see stuff in the mirror or rear camera, the distortion doesn't permit accurate distance judgement on close obstacles. This is a really overly protective nanny feature for really dumb people.

You couldn’t be anymore correct but as it’s been said, put your seatbelt on or get one of those little seatbelt extenders and your problem is solved.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

It is a nanny feature, no doubt.
But you girls are making way to big of a fuss over it.
Just buckle the seat belt behind you and go on.

I don't go boonie crashin' in my truck.
I got a 4x4 for the occasional wether conditions and for light off road use on my property.
I've been driving since the late 60's and have never once felt the need to open the door to back up.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It is a nanny feature, no doubt.
But you girls are making way to big of a fuss over it.
Just buckle the seat belt behind you and go on.

I don't go boonie crashin' in my truck.
I got a 4x4 for the occasional wether conditions and for light off road use on my property.
I've been driving since the late 60's and have never once felt the need to open the door to back up.

Well, when you only take your truck in places you could also take a '67 Buick LeSabre, it's easy to understand why you don't need to open a door to back up. And opening a door to back up WITHOUT a seatbelt is the definition of stupidity. This is why we have this feature in the first place. Some numbskull left his Jeep in drive, got out and it ran him over.

Right now, in my non-autopark truck, I can have my seatbelt on, holding me safely and securely in my seat, and I can open my door to look along the side and at the rear tires, while moving, and not risk falling out of the truck. Hanging out of a moving truck with no seatbelt on is just asking for a Darwin Award. Please only do this if you've not yet procreated. Don't pass that gene to the next generation.