Autoenginuity vs Witech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there is a lot of spotty information and misinformation about the capabilities of both related to adding sales codes.

Autoengenuity has its quirks and certain things can screw up the bcm.

The witech ( and clones) micro pod 2 according to the information out there, is capable of flashing the bcm (with the appropriate subscription to tech authority). But there seems to be little actual information on its capabilities in this aspect.

My question is to actual users of either,

what are the pros vs cons of each?

Also, your opinion on are they worth the investment?

Thanks

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can say both can equally ruin a computer in the wrong hands. If you force options onto something that doesn't have them all the computers down stream can feel it.

I personally have programmed with the AE tool without a single hiccup. Some lose the logos, some need to go to a dealer for a full reflash. Me I have programmed Fogs on with High Beams, Heated and Cooled seats, Heated steering wheel, Factory Alarm (I already have remote start), Back up camera for a base work truck, calibrated my speedometer for larger tires, automatic climate control. I think thats it, but those were all done at different times and never had an issue.

I think the factory clones will get you stuck as they only allow options for that vin, where the AE tool will force really anything.

I wish I could lower the volume more the front and rear sensors if anyone figured that one out yet.

OP
OP
Pakkratt

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good info.

I know what you mean on the sound level....
Mine seems like

1- so muted you can’t even hear it at all
2- you can hear it if you turn all interior noise down low
3- crap your pants and all neighborhood dogs start howling loud

[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pakkratt

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can say both can equally ruin a computer in the wrong hands. If you force options onto something that doesn't have them all the computers down stream can feel it.

I personally have programmed with the AE tool without a single hiccup. Some lose the logos, some need to go to a dealer for a full reflash. Me I have programmed Fogs on with High Beams, Heated and Cooled seats, Heated steering wheel, Factory Alarm (I already have remote start), Back up camera for a base work truck, calibrated my speedometer for larger tires, automatic climate control. I think thats it, but those were all done at different times and never had an issue.

I think the factory clones will get you stuck as they only allow options for that vin, where the AE tool will force really anything.

I wish I could lower the volume more the front and rear sensors if anyone figured that one out yet.

What software version are you using?
I have read some say the older is more forgiving on forcing codes.
Others say the new 15+ has less likelihood of wiping the bcm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Williams....your post is timely for me since I am about to install an OEM backup camera into my 2017. I have already done the very same additions as you: heated and ventilated seats; heated steering wheel; and fogs with high beams, using an AE that I rented and about to rent again for the backup camera install. Do you recall what settings you set to "present" when you did your camera install? Below is the list of settings I found in the AE menu that should (or could) apply to the backup camera:

1) ECU Config 03
-Rear Camera Present

2) LIN Module Customer Programmable Features
-Rear View Camera Dynamic Grid Lines Enabled
-Rear View Camera Static Grid Lines Enabled

3) Vehicle Config 1
-Rear View Camera

4) Vehicle Config CSM1
-Rear Camera Customer Settings Menu
-Rear View Camera Guidelines Settings Menu

Did you set any of these? All of these? Thanks.................

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Williams....your post is timely for me since I am about to install an OEM backup camera into my 2017. I have already done the very same additions as you: heated and ventilated seats; heated steering wheel; and fogs with high beams, using an AE that I rented and about to rent again for the backup camera install. Do you recall what settings you set to "present" when you did your camera install? Below is the list of settings I found in the AE menu that should (or could) apply to the backup camera:

1) ECU Config 03
-Rear Camera Present

2) LIN Module Customer Programmable Features
-Rear View Camera Dynamic Grid Lines Enabled
-Rear View Camera Static Grid Lines Enabled

3) Vehicle Config CSM1
-Rear View Camera

4) Vehicle Config CSM1
-Rear Camera Customer Settings Menu
-Rear View Camera Guidelines Settings Menu

Sis you set any of these? All of these? Thanks.................

Pretty sure I set them all, I don’t th no I ever got the soft touch button it just worked when in reverse. I do know the truck had to “sleep” over night for it to start working. I did the setup and nothing worked, did it again same, went out an hour later still wasn’t working so I gave up. Next morning I get a call thanking me for getting it setup for him. So over night what ever module finally went asleep and let it on next start up. It has worked since, but I know I never got the soft touch buttons for the backup camera.

Rudy Knowles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there is a lot of spotty information and misinformation about the capabilities of both related to adding sales codes.

Autoengenuity has its quirks and certain things can screw up the bcm.

The witech ( and clones) micro pod 2 according to the information out there, is capable of flashing the bcm (with the appropriate subscription to tech authority). But there seems to be little actual information on its capabilities in this aspect.

My question is to actual users of either,

what are the pros vs cons of each?

Also, your opinion on are they worth the investment?

Thanks
What do I need to program EVIC and Fog Lights with AE? Do I need PC and software and or the scan tool not sure what to get.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel