Aux battery 2015 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I want to install a second battery in my Ram. I have the isolater and did this in my past trucks.
I know I have to replace the air intake, and it has to be slightly relocated, what have others used?
Is there any special battery box used, or what ever can fit on the right side under the hood hinge?

LarryZ

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I want to install a second battery in my Ram. I have the isolater and did this in my past trucks.
I know I have to replace the air intake, and it has to be slightly relocated, what have others used?
Is there any special battery box used, or what ever can fit on the right side under the hood hinge?

LarryZ
I think I read somewhere somebody used a Ram Diesel OEM air filter/housing as a mod for more air. Maybe that's a quick kill for this as I think the diesels have two batteries?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Lift out the whole air cleaner box after disconnecting the hose(s)
I think it just snaps in place

Then you will know if it is setup for the 2nd battery

It looks like the 2500 Diesel engine compartment, just has the Air Box closer to the radiator & the battery is close to the passenger side firewall

Last edited: