B&M diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Blackmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thinking about installing a B&M diff cover on my 97. Has anyone installed on on their Ram and did you like it or have problems with it. Thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would just suggest that you read the reviews on the product

Some of the covers look great, but the design of the inside, does not guide the oil to lubricate the Ring, Pinion & Carrier Bearings as it should, others covers actually cause air bubbles to form & that is not good.

OP
OP
B

Bill Blackmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thsnks for the advice. After viewing the video I have decided not to put the B&M one on. Looks like Banks is the best one but they do not make one for a 9 1/4 Chrysler rear end.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have installed one on my 2014 9.25 rear end . The cover is very heavy duty, as far as inside of it ,it is rounded like the factory cover. I have seen all the banks videos and this cover is not squared off.works fine and highly recommend it. I did block off the extra load bolts. B& M cover installed also runs cooler then factory.

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thsnks for the advice. After viewing the video I have decided not to put the B&M one on. Looks like Banks is the best one but they do not make one for a 9 1/4 Chrysler rear end.
See previous post

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you're looking at doing pn#10306, it's a solid piece. They're rounded and not the "flat-backs" like the Banks video talks about (not that there's any pattern of longevity or failure concerns with those) but the B&M also has the cap load bolts which is a nice touch. I have another brand waiting to go on and I've already installed one on my F150 as well. I also really like the LubeLocker gaskets though if you use those, make sure you use Loctite on the bolts because they'll vibrate loose with no RTV.