B&W tow and stow and rear parking sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Policeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Will the tow and stow set off the parking sensors? I’d like to have one but I still want to keep my sensors on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same hitch on my 2014 3500 SRW and it does not set off the rear sensors. My hitch is the three ball unit.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well there ya go, @Ramrodd. Sounds like bein’ that you have the newer body-style truck, if you get one of these two receiver hitches or whatever else like these two, you’ll have to make sure you get one that’ll allow you to stow the ball on the backside of the drawbar because of you don’t, every time you put your truck in reverse, your rear park sense is going to drive you nuts. Seems like only the guys with the new body-style trucks are the ones having this problem but us three so far that have the older body style trucks, we’re not having this problem because our back up sensors are up on the face of the bumper as opposed to down below it like it is all on all the newer trucks except the classics.

Or you could only just have your hitch inside the tube when you’re pulling a trailer.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The sensors on the 4th gen are in a different location as shown. 4th gen bumpers are all pretty much the same except for the 1500 with dual exhaust. This is a 5th gen thread so not really relevant.

I have the 7” drop B&W and it does set off my back up sensors even with the ball stowed. Kind of annoying.

OP
OP
Ramrodd

Ramrodd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update - I got the 7” drop B&W tow and stow Triball hitch and a hitch clamp and my 2019 does not set off the sensors in the stow position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963