Bad experience with a body lift install in NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmericanTruckCntr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Fred,

Fred (manager) from American Truck Center (not frank) here. Reading over this I just want to put in my two cents. Without a doubt your truck left with some issues that should never have left, im sure we can agree on that. And id like to start off by apologizing for that, unfortunately I cannot get my hands in every job that comes into the shop and with that we have techs in the back that do quality work on a daily basis. But with delegating work to employees unfortunately things that would be glaring issues to people like you or myself get overlooked. And there NO excuse for that.

We pride ourselves on building great trucks for our customers and put no statute of limitations on our work. I understand that you have no interest in bringing your truck back to the shop, but on the chance that you do I would love to clear up any issues you have personally so that I can be sure everything is take care of 110%. It seems as though you have fixed the issues that you have found, but id just like to be clear that it is not our position to send trucks out "half-assed" it is very unfortunate that you had this experience and for that I can do no more than apologize and offer to correct any issues.

As far as the chip on the tailgate I can assure you that if either myself or frank (the owner) had been aware of it before the truck was picked up that you would have been notified about it and we would have come up with a solution to repair it. And even with it being found after the fact I'd like the opportunity to have that repaired for you. I cannot say with 100% certainty that we did or did not cause the chip but I can say that we were in the vicinity of it and because of that I will take responsibility for it. If it comes down to it I'll pay out of my own pocket to repair it for you, as this is not the reputation that we are trying to uphold.

Lastly, as far as the Phantom sticker. If they are no longer available I can recreate and reprint that sticker for you weather or not you'd like us to do the tailgate repair. I've designed and printed vehicle wraps for the last 7 years and have all the equipment required to reproduce that sticker for you.

Please do not hesitate to email me [email protected] or call us at 856-853-8600 (ask for Fred)

OP
OP
NJ4X4

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fred - Thanks for taking the time to respond to this post. I appreciate your willingness to accept that my truck left with some issues that should have never happened.

Frank, the owner of American Truck Center also called this afternoon. I was able to return his call and speak to him on my way home from work. He said he will do anything he can to make things right. As you both know, the big concern I have is fixing the paint on the tailgate. As I mentioned to Frank, I still want to try touching it up this weekend and avoid re-painting it and trying to replace the Rocky Ridge decals. If it doesn't work out, I'll have the tailgate painted and take you up on the offer to re-make the RR emblems. Frank understood that I have one local body shop that I trust to do the paint work and said he would be fine with that.

Thanks.

Timmy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Fred,

Fred (manager) from American Truck Center (not frank) here. Reading over this I just want to put in my two cents. Without a doubt your truck left with some issues that should never have left, im sure we can agree on that. And id like to start off by apologizing for that, unfortunately I cannot get my hands in every job that comes into the shop and with that we have techs in the back that do quality work on a daily basis. But with delegating work to employees unfortunately things that would be glaring issues to people like you or myself get overlooked. And there NO excuse for that.

We pride ourselves on building great trucks for our customers and put no statute of limitations on our work. I understand that you have no interest in bringing your truck back to the shop, but on the chance that you do I would love to clear up any issues you have personally so that I can be sure everything is take care of 110%. It seems as though you have fixed the issues that you have found, but id just like to be clear that it is not our position to send trucks out "half-assed" it is very unfortunate that you had this experience and for that I can do no more than apologize and offer to correct any issues.

As far as the chip on the tailgate I can assure you that if either myself or frank (the owner) had been aware of it before the truck was picked up that you would have been notified about it and we would have come up with a solution to repair it. And even with it being found after the fact I'd like the opportunity to have that repaired for you. I cannot say with 100% certainty that we did or did not cause the chip but I can say that we were in the vicinity of it and because of that I will take responsibility for it. If it comes down to it I'll pay out of my own pocket to repair it for you, as this is not the reputation that we are trying to uphold.

Lastly, as far as the Phantom sticker. If they are no longer available I can recreate and reprint that sticker for you weather or not you'd like us to do the tailgate repair. I've designed and printed vehicle wraps for the last 7 years and have all the equipment required to reproduce that sticker for you.

Please do not hesitate to email me [email protected] or call us at 856-853-8600 (ask for Fred)
Stand up move here. Very nice [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autos221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my BDS air ride lift done there and had zero issues, also know about 30 guys that got work done there over the last 10 yrs and never had a complaint. You should really stay away from body lifts, they're nothing but trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a single issue with mine

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been using them on my vehicles for about 30 years . I have yet to have an issue with one . I installed each one , not that that was any great accomplishment but I prefer to do my own work .

Mach123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 6.7 diesel 350 k, 2007 f170 396k
What is the best lift or level to do then and brand,

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone for the 1.5" and PA for a 3" BL. For the front I prefer the Bilsteins at 1.4-2.1" depending on wheel size. If I am stuck with 20s I prefer soft suspension like 1.4 to provide a slightly softer ride to help compensate for the 10 ply no sidewall 20's. With a 17" wheel I can go stiffer suspension like 2" or better being the 35's can be had in an 8 ply and more sidewall

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for sharing, south jersey here as well. I was going to use them to install my 6in lift but ended up finding a place that was highly recommended and could do the labor for much cheaper. I was surprised to see this because the guy I spoke with on the phone (I think Frank) was very adamant about them doing meticulous work. Very knowledgeable and helpful guy too.

Happy to see they are addressing the issue and trying to make things right, as I still might use them for future builds on my truck.

Morris Till

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently had a 6" bds suspension lift with the bds upper control arms, fox 2.0 rear shocks and fox 2.5 front coilovers installed on my 2013 Ram 5.7L Outdoorsman along with 35 X 12.5 nitto ridge grapplers. A very positive experience for me. I had it done at a place called Goodies in Woodbury, NJ.