Bad wobble truck shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADXMPLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ok I am aware of the wobble but want to make sure and how to fix. I have a 2009 Ram 1500 leveled with bilsteins @ 2.1 over the summer I tested it then and had no issues at 40 while in 4wd. Ive drive it in the snow for 3 storms now and went over 40 in 4wd auto no issues. Yesterday I took my kids thru some snow in the field and was in 4wd with esp off and did a few donuts with them. Drove the truck home no issue, this morning on my way to work in 4wd auto it started to shake really bad at 40 and up. I switched to 2wd and had the same issue but just not as bad as when in 4wd auto. Any ideas of what this can be or has anyone had this issue and fixed it. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated the truck drives straight no pulling so im guessing aligment is ok could it be a wheel balance issue.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you checked to wheels to ensure snow didn't get packed in them when you did your donuts? That would cause a off balance situation.

Ramtop

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4L
2nd the packed in snow. What happens is it packs in as you drive like that but doesn't bother right away because the snow is still soft. Then after it sits over night it freezes hard and the turning driveshafts and possibly tires rub against it causing vibrations.

OP
OP
BADXMPLE

BADXMPLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I looked in the inside of the rims and cant seem to find anything significate. With the laramie rims you can pretty much see the inside.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
Get everything thawed out to ensure there isn't any snow throwing off balance of the tires.

If after it's all thawed out and it still shakes I'd take it to a shop to have the tires balanced... sounds like you could have knocked a weight off... in general sounds like a balancing issue.

OP
OP
BADXMPLE

BADXMPLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just checked looks like the 2 rear rims have a little ice caked up can the smallest amount through it off.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
Just checked looks like the 2 rear rims have a little ice caked up can the smallest amount through it off.

Yes... look at how small the lead weights they balance a wheel and tire with... doesnt take much...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes... look at how small the lead weights they balance a wheel and tire with... doesnt take much...

^ what he said also you could of thrown a weight.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yep snow or mud getting into the rims will unbalance the wheels. i carry a small brush to clean mine out

snallygaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a very bad case of the shakes. Finally dropped $$$ on new tires (wanted to upgrade to Duratracs anyway) and the vibration is mostly gone. Fingers xx'd that it doesn't return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snallygaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fail. Truck still shakes at highway speeds. Might be a little bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk