Baja designs SAE Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was not happy with my Gen1 bajadesigns SAE lights. They came out with the new and improved Gen2. I ordered the day they said they were on sale and I waited 4 months for them. I called a few time and I was told 3-4weeks every time. I ended up canceling my order with bajadesigns and found a set on ebay. I do understand the delay as a new product launch but at least do not put them up for sale until you can fulfill the order in a reasonable time.

Gen 1 SAE
I did not return them yet for a rebuild. I wanted to test then out side by side first. The Gen 1 Sae are more of a flood light and only illuminate a small area in front of the truck. Any speed past 30mph you will over run the lights and they just disappear. The light they produce is very dull and do not project far.

Gen 2 SAE
I think they hit the nail on the head on these. The light is sharp and a lot more intense, the beam pattern is a lot tighter and project a very good distance. Traveling with speed over 30mph you do not over run them and they stay with the truck. I am very happy with the Gen 2 sae and it was worth the wait.

20230609_153729.jpg20230609_153706.jpg20230610_215003.jpg20230610_215051.jpg
20230610_220424.jpg20230610_220431.jpg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may look into these. I have the sae fog pro in yellow and the light is great up close but definitely does not carry very far. I’ve been thinking about swapping them out

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I may look into these. I have the sae fog pro in yellow and the light is great up close but definitely does not carry very far. I’ve been thinking about swapping them out

Bajadesign or another brand?

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diode dynamics

Those are pretty nice. I don't know if the new baja designs would be a noticeable difference. All these lights are restricted as being SAE specifications. I ran into this the other day its a Toyota forum but lots of info nicely put together.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Those output shots look great! Being unimpressed with the DD SS3 Pro Yellow SAE fogs I had on the 4th gen I've just kept the stock LED fogs on my '22, but seeing those output shots I think I'll be getting some those Gen 2 BD's in the future. I'll probably wait a bit for inventory to be attainable and then hit up CJC to get them bundled with the bezels/brackets to convert from the stock LEDs.

The factory LED's ain't horrible, but the color temperature sucks out in dusty back roads as well as when it's actually foggy out.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those output shots look great! Being unimpressed with the DD SS3 Pro Yellow SAE fogs I had on the 4th gen I've just kept the stock LED fogs on my '22, but seeing those output shots I think I'll be getting some those Gen 2 BD's in the future. I'll probably wait a bit for inventory to be attainable and then hit up CJC to get them bundled with the bezels/brackets to convert from the stock LEDs.

The factory LED's ain't horrible, but the color temperature sucks out in dusty back roads as well as when it's actually foggy out.

the brackets are the hard part to get. i already had them from my last set of SAE so it was a easy swap. i would check ebay and all the other vendors the inventory is starting to show up good now.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just have the regular sport fogs (non-SAE) and I've never been impressed with the light pattern, Those gen 2 SAE look much more usable. Might have to make the switch to the new SAE, just hate that price tag....

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
the brackets are the hard part to get. i already had them from my last set of SAE so it was a easy swap. i would check ebay and all the other vendors the inventory is starting to show up good now.

I've gotta swap bezels being a laramie, CJC actually sells the whole kit so I just need to get with them and see when they'll have the gen 2 SAE's. I'd rather not hunt down all the parts myself like some of the other swaps I've done lately as sourcing Mopar parts has been hit or miss - mostly miss with long waits.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
CJC said they'll have them in stock over the next few weeks and will be able to ship them as an option with the full bezel conversion kit. I'll probably pull the trigger after family summer activities are over with.